I am a girl and I don't like my unisex name.

Watch
username5411322
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi so my name is Morgan and I am a girl. I live in Cardiff where I think the majority of Morgans are boys I have seen people with reactions like 'Morgan? A girl??' and just makes me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. I wish my parents could have given me a more feminine name, and in most social media I name myself Morgana. Unisex names are just so awkward
Last edited by username5411322; 1 month ago
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
change it
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's alright. I changed my name too. Just change yours to Morgana. Morgana is a very pretty name.
Last edited by Bagarigak; 1 month ago
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
how funny. i’ve never know a Morgan that wasn’t female.

you hate it that much you can change it or go by a nickname. i have 4 nicknames. only people who call me by my birth name are people who don’t know me that well.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Morgana:))
Hi so my name is Morgan and I am a girl. I live in Cardiff where I think the majority of Morgans are boys I have seen people with reactions like 'Morgan? A girl??' and just makes me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. I wish my parents could have given me a more feminine name, and in most social media I name myself Morgana. Unisex names are just so awkward
Just change it then.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can change your name if you want, or ask people to use Morgana?
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wouldnt judge anyone for it in fact its quite unique

Morgana does sound good though

onceuponatime1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)

Yes! Merlin fandom will always be alive! A toast to the once and future king! Hahaha, this post made me smile more than any other. I love Merlin to bits; one of my all-time favourite series.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Huh, Ive never heard it used as a guys name.
People dont mean it with mal intent, the surprise most likely comes from curiosity.
If you really dont like it you can change it.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by onceuponatime1)
Yes! Merlin fandom will always be alive! A toast to the once and future king! Hahaha, this post made me smile more than any other. I love Merlin to bits; one of my all-time favourite series.
Yesss 🙌
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haha Merlin flashbacks. I love how it is still on Netflix.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How about Morrigan?
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Then there is Colin Morgan who actually plays Merlin haha such a coincidence.
onceuponatime1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nobodyy)
Then there is Colin Morgan who actually plays Merlin haha such a coincidence.
Ha ha ha ha ha!
onceuponatime1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please, for the fandom, change your name by an enrolled deed poll to Morgana Pendragon. The fandom will stan you forever and ever if you do that.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
Please dont rename yourself as anonymous.
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by onceuponatime1)
Please, for the fandom, change your name by an enrolled deed poll to Morgana Pendragon. The fandom will stan you forever and ever if you do that.
OMG Yes haha!
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
honestly if you're remotely attractive you can rock that name
nutz99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think in Wales generally Morgan is regarded as a boy's name but internationally it can be either. In the US it tends to be a female name. I know many Sam's both male and female. It doesn't bother them. Maybe you just need to educate people.

If you plan on going to uni outside Wales I'm sure you won't find it a problem then.

Changing it to Morgana, which as a name is quite unusual, will simply change the types of questions you get, "how did you get a name like that", "were your parents into Arthurian legend", "was it from Little Mermaid".
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)

Sksksks my all time biggest crush :blushing:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.43%
I'm not sure (59)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.27%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (610)
48.64%

Watched Threads