So what the hell do you do if you're totally inept at passing any exams?

Watch
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If I seriously can't pass my maths and English GCSE's for the third ****ing time then what the **** do I do? Wanted an apprenticeship in the creative industry doing writing, animation or game design and programming but I doubt I can get this far without those stupid worthless piece of **** exams that don't actually prove anyone's intellect.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
If I seriously can't pass my maths and English GCSE's for the third ****ing time then what the **** do I do? Wanted an apprenticeship in the creative industry doing writing, animation or game design and programming but I doubt I can get this far without those stupid worthless piece of **** exams that don't actually prove anyone's intellect.
Do you know where you're going wrong in the exams? Is it a technique issue, timing etc?
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Join the family business
There are a number if apprenticeships that do not require any GCSEs
Check this out

There a number of jobs you can do without any GCSEs
check this out

Search on google you will find more.
Kogomogo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you know what the problem is? People on here can probably give you some more specific advice if you can identify the areas you need help in. Like do you run out of time, not know how to identify what a question is asking, not know how to answer in the way the exams want or are you struggling to grasp any particular basic concepts?

Your teachers should be giving you sufficient feedback and working with you to identify and fix any problems you're having, if they aren't i'd suggest seeing if you can get different teachers or even a tutor.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Do you know where you're going wrong in the exams? Is it a technique issue, timing etc?
I have no idea what the issue is. I do everything correct.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Join the family business
There are a number if apprenticeships that do not require any GCSEs
Check this out

There a number of jobs you can do without any GCSEs
check this out

Search on google you will find more.
Lol my family don't run anything
I am hoping I can get a apprenticeship in the creative industry after my course but there's no guarantee.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can ask for your scripts back and you can see where you lost marks, that will help you figure out where you're going wrong.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Your teachers should be giving you sufficient feedback and working with you to identify and fix any problems you're having, if they aren't i'd suggest seeing if you can get different teachers or even a tutor.
I've never had a teacher do this before. They usually give up and support the academically smarter. Funny considering in literally any other field I'm probably smarter than them lol
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
You can ask for your scripts back and you can see where you lost marks, that will help you figure out where you're going wrong.
I did do that once but paying for your own exam back is blasphemy. I can't do that again, these exam companies don't need more of my money for literally doing **** all.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I did do that once but paying for your own exam back is blasphemy. I can't do that again, these exam companies don't need more of my money for literally doing **** all.
Unless you can figure out what mistakes you're making, I'm not sure what other advice to give I'm afraid. The way we improve and develop our skills is through reflecting on our mistakes and using that feedback/information to then help on our next attempt. Without knowing what you need to improve I'm not sure how to help you. Sorry!
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Unless you can figure out what mistakes you're making, I'm not sure what other advice to give I'm afraid. The way we improve and develop our skills is through reflecting on our mistakes and using that feedback/information to then help on our next attempt. Without knowing what you need to improve I'm not sure how to help you. Sorry!
Don't worry about it dude. I'll figure it out (or not which ever comes first lol)
CartoonSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"Please stop crying and whining. You'll get used to being bad at exams sooner or later." kkona
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by CartoonSoldier)
"Please stop crying and whining. You'll get used to being bad at exams sooner or later." kkona
Jokes on you I'm already used to being bad at exams. You also sound petty and you're a pretty bad comedian.
Last edited by CosmicApathy1; 3 weeks ago
CartoonSoldier
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Jokes on you I'm already used to being bad at exams. You also sound petty and you're a pretty bad comedian.
Its quite obvious that you're struggling yourself with exams so you go on other people's threads to attack them out of jealousy.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Its quite obvious that you're struggling yourself with exams so you go on other people's threads to attack them out of jealousy.
Yeah it is quite obvious I'm struggling with exams genius. I also didn't attack anyone so please stop. You ever actually been attacked?
CartoonSoldier
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah it is quite obvious I'm struggling with exams genius. I also didn't attack anyone so please stop. You ever actually been attacked?
You were telling the guy to stop crying and whining on his thread when you're doing that yourself here. Just accept exams isn't your thing.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
You were telling the guy to stop crying and whining on his thread when you're doing that yourself here. Just accept exams isn't your thing.
You are a special one dude. I've accepted exams aren't my thing already. I made this thread almost two weeks ago. Jesus christ don't make me spell it out for you. Why are you taking offense to something not even said to you anyway? Don't fight battles that you clearly have no business in smh.
kkona
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
why was I @ ed in this thread lol
gomgossa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you keep failing you're not doing everything correctly.
Also, is there any possibility of an underlying issue (e.g. a learning difficulty such as dyslexia) which may be making things harder for you?
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkona)
why was I @ ed in this thread lol
That kid was weird af idk why they tagged you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.26%
I'm not sure (25)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed