vxleri0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

So after applying for a provisional license card and waiting a month for it, I decided it was time for me to book a test since I felt confident enough to do it. I just found out that they have updated the exam on and after the 28th of September and I booked my test around a couple days ahead without knowing anything regarding the changes to the exam.

It looks like that the case studies at the end of the knowledge part of the exam will instead have CGI video than being written. Either of these doesn't appear to come up on the driving theory test kit that I have been using ( DVSA) and just wanted to know that the content I'm learning and covering from there, doesn't affect the chances of me passing.
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vxleri0)
Hi there,

So after applying for a provisional license card and waiting a month for it, I decided it was time for me to book a test since I felt confident enough to do it. I just found out that they have updated the exam on and after the 28th of September and I booked my test around a couple days ahead without knowing anything regarding the changes to the exam.

It looks like that the case studies at the end of the knowledge part of the exam will instead have CGI video than being written. Either of these doesn't appear to come up on the driving theory test kit that I have been using ( DVSA) and just wanted to know that the content I'm learning and covering from there, doesn't affect the chances of me passing.
It is all common sense, don't worry. The case study being written or video shouldn't have any affect on the options you can choose, if anything, the video will be easier, as you can clearly see what is going on
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah just practice and you'll ace it!
vxleri0
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joshkav)
It is all common sense, don't worry. The case study being written or video shouldn't have any affect on the options you can choose, if anything, the video will be easier, as you can clearly see what is going on
Thank you! Yeah, as you said, its all about common sense and i have been doing pretty well on my mock tests for both parts. As you said also, video will probably help me more than a written paragraph would
vxleri0
Rep:
?
(Original post by royalty1702)
yeah just practice and you'll ace it!
Will do I have been doing at least 3 different mock tests for both parts every day and have been doing well, so hopefully i do ace it, many thanks
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vxleri0)
Will do I have been doing at least 3 different mock tests for both parts every day and have been doing well, so hopefully i do ace it, many thanks
Just to update you, I used the below app when I was revising for my car theory (I have included links for Google Play & App Store). This app has just been updated today to include the new DVSA video clip scenarios that you were worried about. There is also multiple choice questions based on these clips like the real test. Hope this helps you

Google Play- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Combo&hl=en_GB

App Store- https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/drivin...it/id829581836
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.31%
I'm not sure (59)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (617)
48.77%

Watched Threads