Friends asking to go out for drinks

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Not sure if this is a good idea. A friend has suggested we go out for drinks. There will be 4 of us in total. Just not sure what to do cos covid
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not sure if this is a good idea. A friend has suggested we go out for drinks. There will be 4 of us in total. Just not sure what to do cos covid
I wouldnt go, you also seem hesitant. Tell them your uncomfortable going out right now with Covid, they should respect that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
I wouldnt go, you also seem hesitant. Tell them your uncomfortable going out right now with Covid, they should respect that.
I mean I want to go, but it doesn't seem like the wisest decision. 2 of my friends have agreed to go (1 of them is the one that set it up, obviously) but the 3rd person hasn't replied yet so I'm guessing they're thinking the same thing as me
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean I want to go, but it doesn't seem like the wisest decision. 2 of my friends have agreed to go (1 of them is the one that set it up, obviously) but the 3rd person hasn't replied yet so I'm guessing they're thinking the same thing as me
Go with your gut. Can you talk to the friend who hasnt agreed privately and speak about how you feel?
Anonymous #1
Go with your gut. Can you talk to the friend who hasnt agreed privately and speak about how you feel?
Idk I feel like she'd say something about me messaging her privately to the others and I don't wanna risk that, so I'll probably just wait til she replies in the group chat
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Idk I feel like she'd say something about me messaging her privately to the others and I don't wanna risk that, so I'll probably just wait til she replies in the group chat
Dont give in to peer pressure from them. If you dont want to go, dont go.
Anonymous #1
Dont give in to peer pressure from them. If you dont want to go, dont go.
Okay thanks I'll have a think about it
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s up to you. Don’t feel pressurised into something that makes you feel uncomfortable. I am really wanting to see my favourite work college but we want to wait until it’s safe to do so.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Colleague
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
It’s up to you. Don’t feel pressurised into something that makes you feel uncomfortable. I am really wanting to see my favourite work college but we want to wait until it’s safe to do so.
Yes I agree with not doing something you're uncomfortable with, but I wouldnt say that's how I feel. It's more a case of doing what is right as opposed to doing what I want. I have met up with a couple friends recently but that was the first time in months of meeting people outside my household.

I hope you get to see your colleague soon! Are you keeping in touch with them?
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I message her every day at work. I love working from home because I have a long commute but I miss her. We just help each other with our daily work and have the odd little chat, and we tell each other we will catch up and make plans, but a second lockdown may be coming soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads