how to get over being ugly

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my features are so weird. i’ve never been looked at romantically, i’ve never been crushed on. a few guys my age told me i looked like a man. I just feel horrible going outside and having people see my face. i only go out for school, besides that i stay in my room so i don’t have anyone see my face. i spend ages looking in the mirror picking out my flaws, knowing society won’t be nice to me unless i am attractive . how do i stop this? how do i build confidence? how do i get over what people think about me?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my features are so weird. i’ve never been looked at romantically, i’ve never been crushed on. a few guys my age told me i looked like a man. I just feel horrible going outside and having people see my face. i only go out for school, besides that i stay in my room so i don’t have anyone see my face. i spend ages looking in the mirror picking out my flaws, knowing society won’t be nice to me unless i am attractive . how do i stop this? how do i build confidence? how do i get over what people think about me?
Well firstly stop hanging around toxic people. Anyone who speaks negatively on your appearance is most likely projecting since they have nothing better to take a jab at about you.
Stop picking at your flaws, you dont deserve that from yourself. Take that time each day to point out things you do like about yourself. Change the things you dont like if possible -clothes, hair, style-. Your appearance is not the only thing that people look at in life, anyone who does is not worth your time or effort.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
How old are you? You'll grow into your features. Boys used to call me ugly and tell me I have a big nose and what not but I'm in my early twenties now have been approached by guys I vaguely know, and even a few strangers lol

Just work on being healthy and taking care of yourself and your body, exercise e.g. go for a run, eat good nourishing food and just take care of yourself mentally and physically!!

School is a weird time so id say try to focus on studying and try to think minimally about your appearance, which is easier said than done. It is really difficult, I know, but you'll get through this.

You still have a long way to go and a lot of new people to meet in your life. Exposure to more people should help you gain confidence since you'll see that everyone is so different and there's nothing wrong with you <3
sunny.side.up
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im sure your not ugly. why would you call yourself that? everyone is beautiful. your looks make you unique. :yep: you dont know if anyone's had a crush on you either because they could have not told you. you shouldnt hide yourself and feel scared for other people to see you. everyone has insecurities, but it shouldnt stop you from living your life. if it bothers you that bad you could try makeup. it helps lots of people who have insecurities on their face.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.31%
I'm not sure (59)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (617)
48.77%

Watched Threads