Getting skinnier but gaining weight?

Watch
Bvbfan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There is a very good chance I am just imagining this, but over the last month or two I have been thinking at times that I have looked a little skinny in certain places, it is most likely because I havent been to the gym for ages but I kind of think my arms look skinnier than they once did, as in less muscles and fat. And possibly even in my legs, if I have been getting skinnier, it is very very marginal because I cant really tell for sure. As a result im starting to work out and see if I can make improvements. However, i havent been losing weight at all, if anything i have been gaining weight and i have been regularly exercising so i dont think i am putting fat on. I am actually about 5 pounds heavier now than I was at the start quarantine so there is a very strong chance i am just imagining this. It all started a few months ago when i arm wrestled a friend who previously I have been able to beat very easily but this time it was much harder. and I have been worrying since then that I have been getting weaker and losing muscle. Am I worrying over nothing here? Has anyone ever experienced something similar?
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’ve gained 5lbs you’ve put some fat on, no question
Bvbfan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nutritionist)
If you’ve gained 5lbs you’ve put some fat on, no question
ok thanks, thats actually reassuring as I was worried I have been losing muscle for no reason. Nothing a few trips to the gym wont solve
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads