Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i’ve been a loner pretty much for a long time. I have a few friends. but most of them use me and idk why i saty to them probably just to say or show i have friends. a few examples are asking me to do their homework at first they ask for help but i’m ending up doing all of it. Buy things for them the list goes on.

I go to college rn and i wanna move because all of my toxic friends come with me and i don’t have the strength to cut them off and be alone well i’m already alone because of the different timetables. idk what to do
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i’ve been a loner pretty much for a long time. I have a few friends. but most of them use me and idk why i saty to them probably just to say or show i have friends. a few examples are asking me to do their homework at first they ask for help but i’m ending up doing all of it. Buy things for them the list goes on.

I go to college rn and i wanna move because all of my toxic friends come with me and i don’t have the strength to cut them off and be alone well i’m already alone because of the different timetables. idk what to do
Get new ones. No friends is much better than toxic ones.
If your in a new college there must be some new people you havent met yet? Talk to them.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
These friends sound like users. They are not worth the job title “friend”. I used to have some so called friends like that during my year abroad in France. One even admitted he wanted me to do a girl’s English homework to impress her! I had a proper go at him and never saw him again. He said some other really sexist and racist things to me. Losing him as a friend was, to be honest, a great relief.

But buying things for them is hitting you in the pocket. They are really not worth going broke for. Use Covid as an excuse not to see them and buy something nice for yourself from Amazon with all the money you save from not going out with them.

Be patient, and you will find a friend who is more worthy of your time. You don’t need loads of friends, just one or two genuine friends are enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads