Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I still live at my parents house due to financial difficulties and it is causing me to stress. I'm 21, but most people have moved out by my age. I don't rely on my parents, I'm not dependent on them. I merely want to move out and start living. I am unemployable, hence I have no money, except from benefits. I can't afford to leave home. But no girl would be interested in me when they learn about my situation.

What should I do?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do they? I was 23 when I moved out. If you can't afford to move out then that's it. Why are you unemployable?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It looks to be that your first step should be finding a job.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
Do they? I was 23 when I moved out. If you can't afford to move out then that's it. Why are you unemployable?
I have zero qualifications and no experience.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have zero qualifications and no experience.
When you went to the dole office what did they say you should do to make yourself more employable or did they not make any recommendations?
Anonymous #1
When you went to the dole office what did they say you should do to make yourself more employable or did they not make any recommendations?
They told me I should start looking for a job, I explained that I had no qualifications or experience, but they claimed that wouldn't be a problem. Obviously I wouldn't be able to get a high paying job, best I could get is toilet cleaner or warehouse operative, but that would require me to drive and as I receive a small amount of money, I can't learn.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perspective

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...g-with-parents

32% of men under 34 live at home and 21% of women under 34.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They told me I should start looking for a job, I explained that I had no qualifications or experience, but they claimed that wouldn't be a problem. Obviously I wouldn't be able to get a high paying job, best I could get is toilet cleaner or warehouse operative, but that would require me to drive and as I receive a small amount of money, I can't learn.
That's odd when I went 8 years ago they paid for me to learn how to be a bricklayer, but that was 8 years ago. There's warehouses and cleaning jobs in the city which should have transport links, there's also temping agencies which supply workers to warehouses in the city but that would only be a temporary solution, have you looked into going to college?
Anonymous #1
That's odd when I went 8 years ago they paid for me to learn how to be a bricklayer, but that was 8 years ago. There's warehouses and cleaning jobs in the city which should have transport links, there's also temping agencies which supply workers to warehouses in the city but that would only be a temporary solution, have you looked into going to college?
By college I'm guessing you mean university? No would be the answer to your question. As I would still need certain qualifications. The warehouse jobs would be fine, but where I live it is impossible to get to the area where most of the warehouses are located. Also, the bridge the bus that takes to me that area rides under is closed for reconstruction and won't be reopen for another two years. I guess I'm going to have to suffer for a while and hopefully something will pop up.
GAZ62
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My 37 year old son moved back in with me we're both widowers and we are known in the neighbourhood as Steptoe & Son i kid you not.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GAZ62)
My 37 year old son moved back in with me we're both widowers and we are known in the neighbourhood as Steptoe & Son i kid you not.
At least your son left home and married before he returned. I have zero chance of meeting anybody, especially potential love interests.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I still live at my parents house due to financial difficulties and it is causing me to stress. I'm 21, but most people have moved out by my age. I don't rely on my parents, I'm not dependent on them. I merely want to move out and start living. I am unemployable, hence I have no money, except from benefits. I can't afford to leave home. But no girl would be interested in me when they learn about my situation.

What should I do?
I doubt anyone is ‘unemployable’. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Build up and move out when you are truly ready. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.49%
I'm not sure (36)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.52%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (388)
48.93%

Watched Threads