How long does it take to get use to sixth form?

Watch
Smoky saif
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have been at sixth form for a week and I have to say I am noticing the work ethic and work load to be extremely different. I have been studying minimum 3 hours a day for my subjects since school started.

For my subjects maths, economics and accounting I am aiming for the top grades. That’s why I work on Sunday too.

First question, is studying the minimum of 3 hours a day 6 days a week (I do study more most times but 3 is the minimum) enough for sixth form??.

secondly, will there be a time in sixth form where I feel more relaxed and less stressed than I am now. Like understand the work will only get more challenging. However do most ppl feel more comfortable in the future? And if so how long normally would that take?.

Thanks
Hassan116
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was there with you feeling stressed at the beginning and questioned some of my subjects, if they were right for me. But eventually you adapt and get used to it. Just take it easy and keep learning. If 3 hours a day seems like too much stress then just relax a bit because you don’t want to over work yourself this early. Just make sure you make your notes as you go along and you’ll be stress free over the the 2 years
Smoky saif
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Hassan116)
I was there with you feeling stressed at the beginning and questioned some of my subjects, if they were right for me. But eventually you adapt and get used to it. Just take it easy and keep learning. If 3 hours a day seems like too much stress then just relax a bit because you don’t want to over work yourself this early. Just make sure you make your notes as you go along and you’ll be stress free over the the 2 years
Thanks so much for this. I suppose I’ll just not go crazy just yet. Go with the flow 😂
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
So I have been at sixth form for a week and I have to say I am noticing the work ethic and work load to be extremely different. I have been studying minimum 3 hours a day for my subjects since school started.

For my subjects maths, economics and accounting I am aiming for the top grades. That’s why I work on Sunday too.

First question, is studying the minimum of 3 hours a day 6 days a week (I do study more most times but 3 is the minimum) enough for sixth form??.

secondly, will there be a time in sixth form where I feel more relaxed and less stressed than I am now. Like understand the work will only get more challenging. However do most ppl feel more comfortable in the future? And if so how long normally would that take?.

Thanks
3 hours a day for 6 days a week is too much to be honest. You don't need to be studying that long to get top grades in those subjects. 1.5 hrs a day of effective revision + extra time for homework is more than enough and you can do more later when you have exams.

As you get used to it you will get more relaxed, probably within a few weeks but you're working way too hard at the moment. Just make sure your revision is efficient and you should be less stressed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (177)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (357)
29.31%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.87%
I'm not a current university student (593)
48.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed