SR789
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, I have to choose my GCSE's soon. Was just wondering if doing both art and dt will be too heavy?
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've heard art is very time consuming and hard. Also the exam is two days.. don't know about dt though
jae jae
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a year 11 art student that is expected to get a grade 7, it is very very time consuming and rn I have 12+ pieces of work to catch up with.

(A bit of motivation I guess): When I was in year 9, my old art teacher thought I wouldnt be able to keep up with art as I took art as a joke, not doing homework etc...

you do not need to be like Picasso to get a grade 9, compared to my classmates work, my artwork is NOT as good as theirs and some of them are expected to get a grade 5/6 at the end of year11 (not saying that grade 5-6 is a bad grade but what I’m trying to say is that you don’t need to be professional at drawing and painting but ofc it’s needs to be good-not rushed)

Why not do art if you are good at development, linking things together, annotating, portraying some kind of progression in your work (by doing these 4 steps, why would you not get a grade 7-9?)

every thing has there own pros and cons including art so if you feel like doing art is the right thing to do, go for it!
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SR789)
Hey guys, I have to choose my GCSE's soon. Was just wondering if doing both art and dt will be too heavy?
hi, i think this may be the same person i gave advice to about dt vs art and I would say choose dt. you said you loved it and you have to reallllllyyyyy love art to do it for gcse so unless you reallllllyyyy love art, i'd just go with dt.
KelsieTaylor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SR789)
dt and art might be a bit too much. There was another thread like this where I explained how time-consuming art is - you have to have a passion for it, be really good at it, really love it and be super organised to do well. We don't know you very well, but if you are very good at both and can handle the workload, them maybe it's the right choice for you. I think you should ask your teachers, they will know you better and can help you make the right choice.
Do you want to do an art-based job when you grow up?
SR789
Rep:
?
(Original post by isobeln)
hi, i think this may be the same person i gave advice to about dt vs art and I would say choose dt. you said you loved it and you have to reallllllyyyyy love art to do it for gcse so unless you reallllllyyyy love art, i'd just go with dt.
Yes , its me .I'm turning towards DT now
SR789
Rep:
?
(Original post by KelsieTaylor)
dt and art might be a bit too much. There was another thread like this where I explained how time-consuming art is - you have to have a passion for it, be really good at it, really love it and be super organised to do well. We don't know you very well, but if you are very good at both and can handle the workload, them maybe it's the right choice for you. I think you should ask your teachers, they will know you better and can help you make the right choice.
Do you want to do an art-based job when you grow up?
Ok. Thanks , I should probably stick to dt then
ry2704x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SR789)
im in y11 and im doing art , as someone else on this thread said it IS VERY time consuming its rlly easy to fall behind in also it and will eat into your revision time for other subjects (if you dont know how to balance your time well). buttt it does have its pros , atleast you wont have to revise for it like other subjects and once you learn how to hit all of the AOs (assesment objectives) it'll become a bit more easy to ya. i dont study dt and am not sure what the workload would be like but i think both would be a bit much.
good luck with picking your options!
Pablopip
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SR789)
I did both and got 9s in both. I liked them because you have more control over your grade than for a fully exam based subject. I found DT much more stressful than art because I wasn't allowed to finish work at home for DT, but that may just have been my school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads