Covid test today

Watch
Pchim
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Today im getting tested for covid as im not very well. Seeing if anyone who has anxiety about the rising numbers has any questions for me that i can help with and also just looking for support cause im scared haha
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What symptoms do you have?
H4ttie03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had the test yesterday and was absolutely terrified, I cried the whole way through because I thought the throat swab would make me gag, but I had someone do it for me and honestly the nose and the throat one was absolutely fine and I genuinely got scared for no reason.
Best of luck
Pchim
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
What symptoms do you have?
BAD shortness of breath, sore throat, lost my sense of smell and my taste buds are working but barely. Its not looking good for me is it😂
Pchim
(Original post by H4ttie03)
I had the test yesterday and was absolutely terrified, I cried the whole way through because I thought the throat swab would make me gag, but I had someone do it for me and honestly the nose and the throat one was absolutely fine and I genuinely got scared for no reason.
Best of luck
I have autism and bad anxiety so im terrified of it because i cant even have strangers touch me. Thank you so much for your comment it has put me at ease abit. Did you go to a drive through testing centre and have you got your results yet? X
Pchim
(Original post by Pchim)
BAD shortness of breath, sore throat, lost my sense of smell and my taste buds are working but barely. Its not looking good for me is it😂
Oh and aches and pains across my body kinda like the flu
H4ttie03
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
I have autism and bad anxiety so im terrified of it because i cant even have strangers touch me. Thank you so much for your comment it has put me at ease abit. Did you go to a drive through testing centre and have you got your results yet? X
I have aspergers syndrome and anxiety so honestly I can relate to how scary it is, dw they dont touch you tho it's just the swab that touches you. Yes I drove to a testing centre and got someone to do it for me as I was literally in tears and so scared that I couldn't do it myself. Nope, hoping I get them tomorrow so ik how much school I have to miss if I'm positive
Pchim
I have aspergers syndrome and anxiety so honestly I can relate to how scary it is, dw they dont touch you tho it's just the swab that touches you. Yes I drove to a testing centre and got someone to do it for me as I was literally in tears and so scared that I couldn't do it myself. Nope, hoping I get them tomorrow so ik how much school I have to miss if I'm positive
How deep do they have to do the swab? And what symptoms are you showing?? I leave for my test in half a hour as its quite a drive and im shaking im so scared
H4ttie03
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
How deep do they have to do the swab? And what symptoms are you showing?? I leave for my test in half a hour as its quite a drive and im shaking im so scared
They do it on your tonsils and I was so scared it would make me gag but honestly I barely felt it so dw, in the nose they do it up to 2.5cm I think and honestly it's not that bad either. I have a blocked nose, I had a sore throat and today I keep coughing up mucus and have shortness of breath
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Getting tested is worse than having the covid symptoms, no cap.
Pchim
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Getting tested is worse than having the covid symptoms, no cap.
My test is in half a hour dont scare me like this😂😂😂
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
My test is in half a hour dont scare me like this😂😂😂
It's worth it though to know. I think the best way to describe it is when you have a fizzy drink then you laugh and it comes out your nose. That like weird feeling :laugh:
Pchim
(Original post by 8472)
It's worth it though to know. I think the best way to describe it is when you have a fizzy drink then you laugh and it comes out your nose. That like weird feeling :laugh:
There is a 99% chance ill have a panic attack and cry then😩😩😩 20 mins to go ill give everyone updates on if it was bad
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heyy I got tested for COVID too today, the nose and throat swab left me feeling weird ~~
Hope it’s negative tho, I get to know tomorrow and I’m super anxious
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I psyched myself up for no reason tho, didn’t hurt much but i almost gagged so
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
There is a 99% chance ill have a panic attack and cry then😩😩😩 20 mins to go ill give everyone updates on if it was bad
You've got this! :hugs:
H4ttie03
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nyx2911)
Heyy I got tested for COVID too today, the nose and throat swab left me feeling weird ~~
Hope it’s negative tho, I get to know tomorrow and I’m super anxious
Omg literally same, I was so scared of gaging but thankfully the woman was careful when stabbing my throat, I'm so nervous I'm praying I'm negative
Pchim
Just had it done. It feels weird after and my tonsil feels so scratched. I gagged but i pulled a army lad while i was there so couldnt let myself have a panic attack 😂
H4ttie03
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pchim)
Just had it done. It feels weird after and my tonsil feels so scratched. I gagged but i pulled a army lad while i was there so couldnt let myself have a panic attack 😂
Ah yes well done! Lol the woman who did my tonsil was so gentle I barely felt it thank god as I was so scared of gagging. Lmaooo nice😂
I'm hoping to receive my result around tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I'm negative
nyx2911
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg literally same, I was so scared of gaging but thankfully the woman was careful when stabbing my throat, I'm so nervous I'm praying I'm negative
(Original post by Pchim)
Ahhhh so proud of you, I just kept going backwards and my mom had to push me toward the person taking my swab 😭

It’s been 8 hours and only now do I feel better after the swab stick(?) poking my throat and nose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads