Summerset1276
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi so I’m doing A level physics but I’m not doing maths.I just wanted to ask what maths I would need to learn additionally for physics to do it.
Thanks
johnthebaptist27
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Summerset1276)
Hi so I’m doing A level physics but I’m not doing maths.I just wanted to ask what maths I would need to learn additionally for physics to do it.
Thanks
You get taught most of the maths that you need in the physics classes, for example circular motion and suvat for example (circular motion is from further maths and suvat is taught in maths as well). But it may be useful to learn laws of logarithms, equation rearrangement, changing an exponential graph into a linear graph using logs and straight line graphs yourself to make it easier in the class.
Summerset1276
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by johnthebaptist27)
You get taught most of the maths that you need in the physics classes, for example circular motion and suvat for example (circular motion is from further maths and suvat is taught in maths as well). But it may be useful to learn laws of logarithms, equation rearrangement, changing an exponential graph into a linear graph using logs and straight line graphs yourself to make it easier in the class.
Ah thank you.would I need to know differenciation
johnthebaptist27
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Summerset1276)
Ah thank you.would I need to know differenciation
No, there is no differentiation on the A level physics spec, you dont tend to work with equations such as y = some weird wacky function, its usually straight line graphs or exponential graphs for example, you only ever really find gradient through tangents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed