The Student Room Group

A level physics help

Hi so I’m doing A level physics but I’m not doing maths.I just wanted to ask what maths I would need to learn additionally for physics to do it.
Thanks
Original post by Summerset1276
Hi so I’m doing A level physics but I’m not doing maths.I just wanted to ask what maths I would need to learn additionally for physics to do it.
Thanks

You get taught most of the maths that you need in the physics classes, for example circular motion and suvat for example (circular motion is from further maths and suvat is taught in maths as well). But it may be useful to learn laws of logarithms, equation rearrangement, changing an exponential graph into a linear graph using logs and straight line graphs yourself to make it easier in the class.
Original post by johnthebaptist27
You get taught most of the maths that you need in the physics classes, for example circular motion and suvat for example (circular motion is from further maths and suvat is taught in maths as well). But it may be useful to learn laws of logarithms, equation rearrangement, changing an exponential graph into a linear graph using logs and straight line graphs yourself to make it easier in the class.

Ah thank you.would I need to know differenciation
Original post by Summerset1276
Ah thank you.would I need to know differenciation

No, there is no differentiation on the A level physics spec, you dont tend to work with equations such as y = some weird wacky function, its usually straight line graphs or exponential graphs for example, you only ever really find gradient through tangents.

Quick Reply

Latest