Sophlamp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I wondered whether anyone could help me. I am a bioscience graduate from the university of Nottingham in the process of applying for vet med. I received a first-class honours and have sent my university transcript to my unis of interest, and it has been verified acceptable for the graduate entry programme. I have lots of work experience all completed this year, so meet all these requirements too. I realise that the graduate entry programme is potentially more competitive, and possibly more aimed toward international students, so I want to also apply to the undergraduate courses at the same two universities. Unfortunately, my GCSE grades are quite average, and don't meet the requirements for the undergraduate courses. I would like to know if like the graduate programmes, my GCSE grades will be disregarded because I already have a degree, or if I will be automatically rejected because of them. Any help would be great!
Popsicle_pirate
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they do not meet minimum requirements then you could well be rejected because of them, there are people on here who have said they got offers with lower than the required GCSE grades so it might be possible but I don't suppose admissions will ever tell you that it wouldn't be an issue which makes it hard to decide where to apply. I went through the RVC accelerated course and if I remember right, there were no A level requirement but there were GCSE requirements so it's all a bit odd!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.05%
I'm not sure (59)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.38%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (649)
49.28%

Watched Threads