Turn on thread page Beta

School unifrom. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No uniform in our 6th form, except we need to wear suits on 'formal occasions'. They also say no trainers/jeans and we have to wear a collared shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    pffffffft I provided a pic :p:
    i bet you looked v sexy in that fetching blue tie, blue pullover and pleated grey skirt :p:

obviously in my school, i had to wear a top hat, tails, and black sparkly shoes, and we all had to carry furled umbrellas and briefcases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i bet you looked v sexy in that fetching blue tie, blue pullover and pleated grey skirt :p:

obviously in my school, i had to wear a top hat, tails, and black sparkly shoes, and we all had to carry furled umbrellas and briefcases.
    you're a minstrel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

:eek: it's a blazer! not a pullover :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joesharp)
    No uniform in our 6th form, except we need to wear suits on 'formal occasions'. They also say no trainers/jeans and we have to wear a collared shirt.
    So I'm guessing you'd get a heart attack if you saw what we wear (only th IB) to school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    :eek: it's a blazer! not a pullover :p:
    even better :rolleyes:

at least it's not purple!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    you're a minstrel?
    *bursts in to song* good robin, brave sir robin, he bravely ran away...

sorry, Monty Python is still strong on my mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    So I'm guessing you'd get a heart attack if you saw what we wear (only th IB) to school...
    Well it's quite a bit different, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ya my high school does. We can wear either short sleeved or long sleeved grey or navy blue polo shirts,a navy blue skirt, a plaid navy skirt,khaki pants,and this stupid fleece thing that you can wear in place of a sweater;you can get those in navy blue or grey also. And we're allowed to wear sneakers if we desire.

ReputationRep:
    The uniform at my high school has just changed. It used to be brown, but we didn't have to wear blazers or ties, but now it's blue, and they have to wear a blazer or a dodgy coloured sweatshirt.

ReputationRep:
    In our sixth-form you can pick the suit, shirt and shoes to wear. Although a school tie was required. Styles varied depending on your status in school.

ReputationRep:
    In my primary school it wasn't compulsory but I wore it anyway. Green gingham checked dress in summer and black trousers and polo shirt with a jade green jumper with the school logo.
    First secondary school we had black shoes, socks and trousers, White polo shirt and navy jumper both with the school name on.
    Second secondary school was black trousers, white t shirt, black jumper. Though I would turn up wearing jeans and checked shirts. No one ever said anything to me about it.

Now in college as long as you aren't exposing yourself anything goes.

ReputationRep:
    I am in high school and my school has a unifrom.
    The uniform consists of:
    Dark blue pants/skirt
    light blue polo t-shirt
    dark blue pullover
    white/dark blue/black socks
    black shoes

The teachers are really tough on uniform. If you have a brand name on your socks, they say that you must buy new socks. If you buy a whole pack os socks that are ower than your ankle, you must buy new socks.
    I don't like the uniform. teh pullovers are so thin, there is no point wearing one and the t-shirts are nearly see through.

ReputationRep:
    Well..my school has a uniform but no one really wears it. Everyone just comes into school wearing black trousers or a skirt, any shoes they want, a black or white top of some sort and a jumper or zipper (mostly black but some people just wear any colour of zipper) Its more like a fashion parade at my school really. Everyone wearings Ben sherman shirts and FCUK t-shirts and all that kinda stuff.

Our official uniform however is a maroon or a black sweatshirt....thats it. We dont have a blazer.
    Oh wait we have a tie but no one EVER i repeat EVER wears it, lest they be beaten up. Thats maroon and gold.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatly We still have to wear uniform even in Sixth Form It consists of:
    Blue Shirt (Only 6th form has blue the rest of the school has to wear white)
    a stripey tie (Dark Blue, Light Blue and Yellow) With your prefect badge (if have one) on it
    A Navy jumper With the school Logo on it
    A pait of Navy trousers (bought through school only, They only introduced them last year, we had to wear skirts untill then)
    Black Shoes (no bigger than 1inch heel and not too short either) and Black or Navy Socks

Also other appearence rules taken from AGS site:
    Jewellery - we allow one pair of ear studs, but no other jewellery. No body piercing of any form is allowed.

Hair colour must be natural - no colouring of hair is allowed.

Skirts must be of a sensible length, not too short, nor too long.

Top coats must be navy or black and plain, without any logos whatsoever
    Man My School Sucks :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggg ghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i left school 20+ years ago and I'm still scarred, I cannot wear navy anything and as for pink gingham - well even the school got rid of the pink gingham summer dresses.

ReputationRep:
    my school we dont have uniform... but sometimes the girls like to wear it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need_money)
    Well..my school has a uniform but no one really wears it. Everyone just comes into school wearing black trousers or a skirt, any shoes they want, a black or white top of some sort and a jumper or zipper (mostly black but some people just wear any colour of zipper) Its more like a fashion parade at my school really. Everyone wearings Ben sherman shirts and FCUK t-shirts and all that kinda stuff.

Our official uniform however is a maroon or a black sweatshirt....thats it. We dont have a blazer.
    Oh wait we have a tie but no one EVER i repeat EVER wears it, lest they be beaten up. Thats maroon and gold.
    Whats wrong with wearing a tie? :rolleyes:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.