Suspended course on medical grounds year 19/20, Now it says I receive £0?

Watch
Tyde_dv12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

I’m on a four year course (Foundation + 3) course and I suspended my course on medical grounds in the year 19/20 at my university during the third year.

I am set to return this academic year 20/21, and I have completed my sfe application a while back and will be receiving my maintenance loan + additional maintenance loan.

However, my tuition fee is still at £0, I thought it was at £0 before because my University hadn’t confirmed my registration yet perhaps? Well I’ve registered today, and confirmed I’ll be attending with my uni. I also spoke with a SFE operator today and she vaguely explained I had to speak to my university for them to confirm that I’m returning, even though I’ve already registered? She said something about “resumption task” if that rings any bells.

I just wanted to be clear that I am eligible for SFE tuition fee funding, right?

I’m on a four year course, foundation year + 3 years. It is my first university course ever. I suspended on medical grounds halfway through the year, and am now returning in the following year. That still makes me eligible for SFE tuition fee funding, correct?

So why is my tuition fee still showing up as £0? Anyone have a clue?

I’m registered with uni, I’m retaking for the first time ever, and I’m getting an increased maintenance loan. But not tuition fee? Can anyone shed some light on this? Perhaps someone working at SFE? I would highly appreciate it.
Tyde_dv12
Rep:
?
SFE Isaac hello, I saw you post on the last active thread. Could you please shed some light on my issue? I am really stressing out about it

Could you check it out for me if I gave you my customer reference number perhaps?
Last edited by Tyde_dv12; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tyde_dv12)
Hello,

I’m on a four year course (Foundation + 3) course and I suspended my course on medical grounds in the year 19/20 at my university during the third year.

I am set to return this academic year 20/21, and I have completed my sfe application a while back and will be receiving my maintenance loan + additional maintenance loan.

However, my tuition fee is still at £0, I thought it was at £0 before because my University hadn’t confirmed my registration yet perhaps? Well I’ve registered today, and confirmed I’ll be attending with my uni. I also spoke with a SFE operator today and she vaguely explained I had to speak to my university for them to confirm that I’m returning, even though I’ve already registered? She said something about “resumption task” if that rings any bells.

I just wanted to be clear that I am eligible for SFE tuition fee funding, right?

I’m on a four year course, foundation year + 3 years. It is my first university course ever. I suspended on medical grounds halfway through the year, and am now returning in the following year. That still makes me eligible for SFE tuition fee funding, correct?

So why is my tuition fee still showing up as £0? Anyone have a clue?

I’m registered with uni, I’m retaking for the first time ever, and I’m getting an increased maintenance loan. But not tuition fee? Can anyone shed some light on this? Perhaps someone working at SFE? I would highly appreciate it.
(Original post by Tyde_dv12)
SFE Isaac hello, I saw you post on the last active thread. Could you please shed some light on my issue? I am really stressing out about it

Could you check it out for me if I gave you my customer reference number perhaps?
Good morning, to suspend your application, the university sent us a suspension change of circumstances task, your application remains suspended until we receive a resumption task.

Can you message us on Facebook/Twitter with your name and CRN and we can review your account to see what has happened exactly. Alternatively if you prefer to call then you can call 0300 100 0607.
Thanks, Isaac
Tyde_dv12
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Good morning, to suspend your application, the university sent us a suspension change of circumstances task, your application remains suspended until we receive a resumption task.

Can you message us on Facebook/Twitter with your name and CRN and we can review your account to see what has happened exactly. Alternatively if you prefer to call then you can call 0300 100 0607.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you for your response.

I have called again in the morning today, and have also sent an email to my university’s funding team requesting them to complete the resumption task for me. Hopefully they respond soon.

Can you say from your experience that this would sort out the issue? I spoke to a person today over the phone and was told that it seems to be weird because I should indeed be getting funded using the course length + 1 - previous study formula.

She let me know that it could’ve been a simple mix up due to confusion caused by my foundation year being year 0 and my first year being year 1, then year 2, that it didn’t add up correctly for a 4 year course, thus causing confusion.

It was sent to a higher team which will take 11 working days to work on this. Have you had to deal with anything of this nature before? Can you explain this process better to me?

Anyway, if this doesn’t fix itself in 11 working days, I would still be eligible to get funding for compelling reasons as I intermitted on medical grounds. I have already emailed my university for a letter proving my suspension was due to compelling reasons... as a fall back option.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Tyde_dv12; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads