Application stuck with admissions tutor

Watch
npallotto
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I applied quite last minute for a Masters degree at the beginning of August (7 August to be precise). I know that it was very late but I emailed the head of the department before sending in the application to make sure spaces were still available. Since the beginning of September I've been messaging with the admissions team to see what was happening with application and it seems that it is stuck with an admissions tutor. Does anyone know what this means in term of my application? For context I'm an American but received my Bachelors from a British university and I've never come across the term 'Admissions Tutor' before.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by npallotto)
Hi, I applied quite last minute for a Masters degree at the beginning of August (7 August to be precise). I know that it was very late but I emailed the head of the department before sending in the application to make sure spaces were still available. Since the beginning of September I've been messaging with the admissions team to see what was happening with application and it seems that it is stuck with an admissions tutor. Does anyone know what this means in term of my application? For context I'm an American but received my Bachelors from a British university and I've never come across the term 'Admissions Tutor' before.
Have you applied for 2020 entry? If so, you need to chase this up ASAP, as most (if not all) MA/MSc courses will have started by the end of this month. You need to call them rather than email, as emails are easily ignored or forgotten.
npallotto
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Have you applied for 2020 entry? If so, you need to chase this up ASAP, as most (if not all) MA/MSc courses will have started by the end of this month. You need to call them rather than email, as emails are easily ignored or forgotten.
Yeah, it's for 2020 entry. I finally got in contact with them on the 10th and they said they would tell me within a week. I contacted them again Friday (18th) and they said the admissions tutor hasn't replied to their email and they can't do anything until they do. Luckily it's Goldsmiths so I know induction week starts on 28 Sep but the term doesn't officially start until 5 Oct, but I'm chasing it again tomorrow because I can't apply to extend my visa until I get a CAS from them
jackien1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by npallotto)
Yeah, it's for 2020 entry. I finally got in contact with them on the 10th and they said they would tell me within a week. I contacted them again Friday (18th) and they said the admissions tutor hasn't replied to their email and they can't do anything until they do. Luckily it's Goldsmiths so I know induction week starts on 28 Sep but the term doesn't officially start until 5 Oct, but I'm chasing it again tomorrow because I can't apply to extend my visa until I get a CAS from them
Email the tutor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.66%
I'm not sure (54)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (568)
48.42%

Watched Threads