The Student Room Group

A level options

Which combination do you think would be better for a degree in economics/finance :smile:

1) Maths, Further maths, Economics, Geography
2) Maths, Further maths, Economics, Physics

Thank you!
Reply 1
Really doesn't matter. Pick the one you think you'd enjoy more.
I imagine human geography has more links to economics than any aspect of physics (so you might find it more helpful/interesting) but I can't see that taking either would disadvantage you, both combinations are brilliant.
Both are good combinations for an Economics/Finance degree; however, getting into uni is like a game. Compare physics & geo - at A Level, physics is really difficult.. so if you like Geo & Physics equally as much, then I suggest picking geo. Should be a lot easier for you to get a good grade in hence higher chance of getting into a top uni as I know many friends who have to put so much time and effort into surviving physics (and getting a B at least) that their other subjects suffer. If you're indifferent about them both, choose the easier one
Reply 4
Original post by apolaroidofus
I imagine human geography has more links to economics than any aspect of physics (so you might find it more helpful/interesting) but I can't see that taking either would disadvantage you, both combinations are brilliant.

I also heard the geography links quite well with economics - I think I’m leaning more towards it. Thanks for the help and advice :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by confuzzledteen
Both are good combinations for an Economics/Finance degree; however, getting into uni is like a game. Compare physics & geo - at A Level, physics is really difficult.. so if you like Geo & Physics equally as much, then I suggest picking geo. Should be a lot easier for you to get a good grade in hence higher chance of getting into a top uni as I know many friends who have to put so much time and effort into surviving physics (and getting a B at least) that their other subjects suffer. If you're indifferent about them both, choose the easier one

I agree with you! I think that getting a good grade it geography would be easier than physics for me. So I think that I’m more likely going to choose geography over physics. Thanks so much for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest