The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Does Cardiff University have a lot of Chinese students?

Compared to let's say Manchester, are there a lot?
Original post by uchiha01

No, but then Cardiff is a much smaller university than Manchester. Are talking actual numbers or as a proportion of the student population?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Telomere
No, but then Cardiff is a much smaller university than Manchester. Are talking actual numbers or as a proportion of the student population?

both?
Reply 3
Original post by uchiha01

I can't compare it to Manchester but my experience of the university in Cardiff has only been passing it on the way to and from work. The road leads to the main student accommodation and pretty much most of the students I pass appear to be from the China region. There must be several thousand in Cardiff based on the constant stream that I see.

Some universities do tend to have bigger concentrations of Chinese students that others. Cardiff is one of these as is Warwick. I can't speak for Manchester.
Reply 4
Original post by nutz99
I can't compare it to Manchester but my experience of the university in Cardiff has only been passing it on the way to and from work. The road leads to the main student accommodation and pretty much most of the students I pass appear to be from the China region. There must be several thousand in Cardiff based on the constant stream that I see.

Some universities do tend to have bigger concentrations of Chinese students that others. Cardiff is one of these as is Warwick. I can't speak for Manchester.

thats good to hear thank you for the piece of mind!
Reply 5
I heard that the majority of some postgraduate programs are Chinese students.(maybe 60%-80%)
How about the School of Computer Science and Informatics? Are there many Chinese students?
Reply 6
Original post by pa33word
I heard that the majority of some postgraduate programs are Chinese students.(maybe 60%-80%)
How about the School of Computer Science and Informatics? Are there many Chinese students?

honestly now that I'm here there really isn't much. I can't really see any, theres only around 3? on my course and I'm doing chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending