Does Cardiff University have a lot of Chinese students?

Watch
uchiha01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Compared to let's say Manchester, are there a lot?
Telomere
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by uchiha01)

No, but then Cardiff is a much smaller university than Manchester. Are talking actual numbers or as a proportion of the student population?
uchiha01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Telomere)
No, but then Cardiff is a much smaller university than Manchester. Are talking actual numbers or as a proportion of the student population?
both?
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by uchiha01)
I can't compare it to Manchester but my experience of the university in Cardiff has only been passing it on the way to and from work. The road leads to the main student accommodation and pretty much most of the students I pass appear to be from the China region. There must be several thousand in Cardiff based on the constant stream that I see.

Some universities do tend to have bigger concentrations of Chinese students that others. Cardiff is one of these as is Warwick. I can't speak for Manchester.
uchiha01
Rep:
?
(Original post by nutz99)
I can't compare it to Manchester but my experience of the university in Cardiff has only been passing it on the way to and from work. The road leads to the main student accommodation and pretty much most of the students I pass appear to be from the China region. There must be several thousand in Cardiff based on the constant stream that I see.

Some universities do tend to have bigger concentrations of Chinese students that others. Cardiff is one of these as is Warwick. I can't speak for Manchester.
thats good to hear thank you for the piece of mind!
pa33word
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I heard that the majority of some postgraduate programs are Chinese students.(maybe 60%-80%)
How about the School of Computer Science and Informatics? Are there many Chinese students?
uchiha01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by pa33word)
I heard that the majority of some postgraduate programs are Chinese students.(maybe 60%-80%)
How about the School of Computer Science and Informatics? Are there many Chinese students?
honestly now that I'm here there really isn't much. I can't really see any, theres only around 3? on my course and I'm doing chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (178)
28.48%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.28%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.16%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.2%

Watched Threads