idontknow786
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys,

What does everyone think about the grade boundaries for autumn exams (particularly A-Levels) will they be higher than normal, same as normal or lower than normal and why?

(I'm aware we can't make accurate guesses as of now as they are calculated after everyones marks are in and depends on how everyone does/difficulty of paper etc.)
idontknow786
Rep:
?
bump
Super_M8rio
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sitting maths and feel they will increase slightly to maybe 60% for an A after last years 55%. Mainly cos people r usually sitting just one sub hence imo think will do quite well.
idontknow786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Super_M8rio)
I’m sitting maths and feel they will increase slightly to maybe 60% for an A after last years 55%. Mainly cos people r usually sitting just one sub hence imo think will do quite well.
yes true many people are sitting fewer alevels. But last year's maths was an all time low because the papers were very hard and people didnt do as well, so those grade boundaries are kind of an exception, idk if we can make comparison to those
Last edited by idontknow786; 1 month ago
Super_M8rio
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by idontknow786)
yes true many people are sitting fewer alevels. But last year's maths was an all time low because the papers were very hard and people didnt do as well, so those grade boundaries are kind of an exception, idk if we can make comparison to those
So u think it will rise above 60%?
idontknow786
Rep:
?
So u think it will rise above 60%?
i think it was 61% or so in 2018 so maybe ur right. 2018 papers were fairly average in difficulty so we can use that as a standard. Do you think autumn's GB will be the same as usual then?
Super_M8rio
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think it was 61% or so in 2018 so maybe ur right. 2018 papers were fairly average in difficulty so we can use that as a standard. Do you think autumn's GB will be the same as usual then?
I’m guessing it will go max 60%. An a star could peak to 75%. An A would be fine for me but an A star would open so many doors.
idontknow786
Rep:
?
I’m guessing it will go max 60%. An a star could peak to 75%. An A would be fine for me but an A star would open so many doors.
yeah thats true, im personally aiming for an A. What do you think B will be at
n777
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think they'll be a bit higher than 2019 because not everyone is taking the exam, the only ones who are taking the exams are those who want higher grades, most prepared, most won't be sitting all three exams, so they'll be revising constantly for the one subject and won't have that other pressure, additionally the extended period of a levels to study. top students and the bottom students are gone. most people would see no point in taking exams if they're at uni now and the most are. idk how they're going to set the grade boundaries, they should take into account all these different factors
idontknow786
Rep:
?
(Original post by n777)
I think they'll be a bit higher than 2019 because not everyone is taking the exam, the only ones who are taking the exams are those who want higher grades, most prepared, most won't be sitting all three exams, so they'll be revising constantly for the one subject and won't have that other pressure, additionally the extended period of a levels to study. top students and the bottom students are gone. most people would see no point in taking exams if they're at uni now and the most are. idk how they're going to set the grade boundaries, they should take into account all these different factors
Good points there. But many people are also kinda forced to take the autumn exams such a myself lol. The unis say they wont defer entries if you sit the summer instead of the autumn. I hope they arent higher.

Also do you think the papers will just be the same ones made for summer 2020?
n777
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good points there. But many people are also kinda forced to take the autumn exams such a myself lol. The unis say they wont defer entries if you sit the summer instead of the autumn. I hope they arent higher.

Also do you think the papers will just be the same ones made for summer 2020?
There will always be some people who aren't prepared tho, you're not the only one. I hope they aren't higher too! But with the inflation of grades already, idk, but at the same time, what difference would a few more inflated grades make? For AQA, they're using 2020 papers (I read this on their twitter), but I'm not sure about other exam boards
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads