redDisc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Well, i just began my Physics OCR A course and having not revised during the lockdown and quarantine i've forgotten most of the maths needed. I am not doing maths with physics ( i don't really enjoy maths or have a passion for it) and i have been doubted by my 6th Form Head of Year. Will i struggle heavily without doing maths or will i have to re-learn and study harder than most of my classmates. I feel like i am worrying too much.
If anyone can give me a link to the mathematics required for Physics A level or a good website that could support me.
Any contribution is appreciated
Ariannasewmini
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by redDisc)
Well, i just began my Physics OCR A course and having not revised during the lockdown and quarantine i've forgotten most of the maths needed. I am not doing maths with physics ( i don't really enjoy maths or have a passion for it) and i have been doubted by my 6th Form Head of Year. Will i struggle heavily without doing maths or will i have to re-learn and study harder than most of my classmates. I feel like i am worrying too much.
If anyone can give me a link to the mathematics required for Physics A level or a good website that could support me.
Hi there!
Same here I am an year 13 doing physics with no maths.
Don't worry about the maths! The maths in physics is not hard and trust me the only thing you need to be able to do is re-arranging the equations that they have given you and obviously some simple GCSEs maths.
In terms of resources:
Physics and maths tutor has really good notes and past papers.
A tutor(I have a tutor!)
Alevelphysicsonline.com

YOU NEED TO BUY AND THIS IS A MUST
THE OCR A LEVEL OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS TEXTBOOK AND THE CGP TEXTBOOK these two combined with your exam board textbook will save you energy and the amount of work you need to put in.
And finally don't measure your knowledge with your other classmates.Yes physics is a hard subject and is not easy,hence so you need to work hard.But please keep in mind that A/levels is ALL ABOUT YOU,its not about your classmates or who is more good in physics.LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE!

Hope this has been useful and good luck!!!

Arianna Yr.13
Last edited by Ariannasewmini; 1 month ago
Ariannasewmini
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by redDisc)
Hi there!
Same here I am an year 13 doing physics with no maths.
Don't worry about the maths! The maths in physics is not hard and trust me the only thing you need to be able to do is re-arranging the equations that they have given you and obviously some simple GCSEs maths.
In terms of resources:
Physics and maths tutor has really good notes and past papers.
A tutor(I have a tutor!)
Alevelphysicsonline

YOU NEED TO BUY AND THIS IS A MUST
THE OCR A LEVEL OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS TEXTBOOK AND THE CGP TEXTBOOK these two combined with your exam board textbook will save you energy and the amount of work you need to put in.
And finally don't measure your knowledge with your other classmates.Yes physics is a hard subject and is not easy,hence so you need to work hard.But please keep in mind that A/levels is ALL ABOUT YOU,its not about your classmates or who is more good in physics.LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE!

Hope this has been useful and good luck!!!

Arianna Yr.13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads