Should I buy this car?

Watch
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It’s a 2007 Renault Clio. I don’t have a lot of money and won’t be able to save up that much either. But it’s going for 800-900 pounds.

The electric key won’t open the drivers door. Which I’m not sure as to the reason why. The brake discs need changing. The handbrake is stiff and so are the gears. There’s a little bit of liquid on the engine.

It’s got 60,000 miles on the clock

What do you think?

(I’m not good at cars at all)
soonuma2007
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wouldnt suggest you buy it at all
Saad22030
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dont buy it...ik its cheap and all that but its gonna cost u a lot to get everything fixed...its hassle ..ive been there done that...buy a bike or cycle... Cheaper and u would never have to pay the mechanic...i mean u would but old cars are a no no...i bought an old ford fiesta 2008 model and i got it fixed(thought that was the end of the mechanic ****) for more than the cars worth and now its back at the mechanic...been 4 months now ... Its a hassle and a bad decision.
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I bought a 2005 Corsa with 97,000 miles for £700 a couple of years ago. Had new brake discs and tyres and just passed its MOT. Luckily only had it for 6 months, so sold it before its next MOT. The reason I sold it, was because, it seemed like the fuel injector was failing and also I was able to afford a more newer car, plus I needed a car with low mileage. Sold it for £400, then one day many months after, I got bored and checked if it ended up passing its MOT. It didn't, but ending up having 15 serious faults. Then DVLA reported it as scrapped after that MOT.

Just goes to show that the cheapest cars which have had some work done and passed their MOT, isn't always the best option.
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks guys, I didn’t end up buying it. I would have to spend A lot fixing it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise