think_patronus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Dear all,

- In my 4 years in the UK, I have lived for 3 years as an Au Pair, & the 4th as a receptionist (since last October). I also have PRE-settled status.
I only have bank statements for my last 3 years in the UK, because during my first here I didn't even open a bank account.

Am I currently eligible for fee loan and maintenance loan, even if I have "officially" started working only for one year?

- My brother has lived in the UK for a year only, and has pre-settlement status and is a full time student at a college (last year he completed GCSE Math & English). Is he eligible for fee & maintenance loan?

We are both adults.

I am scared, as we are both studying Access to HE via a loan, but we won't be able to afford tuition or living here while in Uni without fee & maintenance.

Please help!
Last edited by think_patronus; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by think_patronus)
Dear all,

- In my 4 years in the UK, I have lived for 3 years as an Au Pair, & the 4th as a receptionist (since last October). I also have PRE-settled status.
I only have bank statements for my last 3 years in the UK, because during my first here I didn't even open a bank account.

Am I currently eligible for fee loan and maintenance loan, even if I have "officially" started working only for one year?

- My brother has lived in the UK for a year only, and has pre-settlement status and is a full time student at a college (last year he completed GCSE Math & English). Is he eligible for fee & maintenance loan?

We are both adults.

I am scared, as we are both studying Access to HE via a loan, but we won't be able to afford tuition or living here while in Uni without fee & maintenance.

Please help!
Hi there,
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
think_patronus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello Isaac,

thank you so much!

1. Computer Science at King's (my brother) and Journalism - still evaluating ( I); both in London for sure, where we live
2. We are 30
3.both Italians with pre-settlement status; both with only GCSEs Math & English and currently obtaining a Level-3 Access to HE diploma; I have been in the UK for 4 years (the first 3 living as an Au pair); he's been here for a year only (doing his GCSEs)
4. No other qualification

thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by think_patronus)
Hello Isaac,

thank you so much!

1. Computer Science at King's (my brother) and Journalism - still evaluating ( I); both in London for sure, where we live
2. We are 30
3.both Italians with pre-settlement status; both with only GCSEs Math & English and currently obtaining a Level-3 Access to HE diploma; I have been in the UK for 4 years (the first 3 living as an Au pair); he's been here for a year only (doing his GCSEs)
4. No other qualification

thank you!
Your Access to HE course is further education and doesn't affect your eligibility for higher education funding.

Your only option to receive a Maintenance Loan is if you apply as a Migrant Worker, you can find out more information, including about evidence by clicking here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (5)
29.41%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (5)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (1)
5.88%
I'm not a current university student (6)
35.29%

Watched Threads