Without accommodation at Nottingham University

Watch
Wilson_18
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is a rant and am trying to find people in similar situations. So I am attending Nottingham University and my course starts tomorrow (Monday) and I havenโ€™t received a response to my accommodation application that was submitted on the 11th of September. I am currently in Nottingham and am staying at a hotel whilst this is all sorted. This is crazy and has been extremely stressful.
Wilson_18
Rep:
?
(Original post by RoastingTin)
Do you have a guarantee that they will provide accomodation (usually for first years and international students if you submit before a certain deadline)? If not you might not get an offer.

I wasn't guaranteed a place at Southampton, and although I was eventually made an offer, by that time I'd already sorted out a place in private halls as I wanted the certainty of knowing I had a place to live. So I understand your frustration, although to be fair, by applying on the 11th September you haven't given them much time really. I'd definitely be on the phone tomorrow if I were you. On a positive note, you may find you can get a discounted place at private halls as some (esp those that usually have a lot of international students) are struggling to fill their rooms.
I spoke to the accommodation team on Friday and they could guarantee me a place. They even have places available at my preferred choice. However, the biggest issue Iโ€™ve had is that you cannot phone any department/team and they take at least two days to respond to emails.
R_Lalria123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wilson_18)
This is a rant and am trying to find people in similar situations. So I am attending Nottingham University and my course starts tomorrow (Monday) and I havenโ€™t received a response to my accommodation application that was submitted on the 11th of September. I am currently in Nottingham and am staying at a hotel whilst this is all sorted. This is crazy and has been extremely stressful.
I'm looking for someone to take my room at my accommodation if you need a backup?
Wilson_18
Rep:
?
(Original post by R_Lalria123)
I'm looking for someone to take my room at my accommodation if you need a backup?
It's OK. They sorted it out yesterday and gave me a room. Thank you very much for the offer though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads