gelato12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
advice on how to do well in a levels in the UK? just started year 12 and tryna go into medicine. doing bio chem maths
Bbubble061
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd say start revision early - like now! It will HUGELY benefit you in the future. Do revision as you go along in the year, not a lot just a little bit every week or so for each subject. Revising now means that the things you're learning currently will be in your long term memory so you won't need to revise it as much in the future (and so can worry about other topics you haven't revised/need to work on). You'll have less weight on your shoulders, no regrets (for not revising early enough) and won't need to panic or cram as much when it's nearing exams

Also do past papers - it helps you know how to answer the questions.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
start revision early but don't overdo it. make notes as you go along. revise little and often, and for your end of unit tests and mocks, you'll thank yourself later. don't be afraid to ask teachers for help or be disheartened if you don't get something immediately. a levels are hard and it can take a while to adjust sometimes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads