we don’t like each other but

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been talking to this boy on ig for weeks like almost a month. We talk everyday but he kinda made it clear from the start he wasn’t looking for a relationship or anything. I don’t really know what I want. I had always thought I’d really want a bf bc I never had one but now I figure what’s the rush. I enjoy talking to him and we do wanna meet up and yk enjoy one another bc I’d say that attraction is there. But I don’t feel like I really really like him like I have with guys in the past and I don’t think I want anything more than maybe a fwb type of situation. Anyone else ever had this? It’s a little confusing to me bc I don’t know if maybe I’m just suppressing feelings bc I know they won’t be reciprocated but also I feel completely fine with the situation and I know where we stand so I’m not really looking to like like him.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're fine with it you're fine with it - I wouldn't worry about it
It's totally normal to want to have sex with someone but not a relationship with them, and as long as you're all consenting adults who understand that there's no relationship on the cards, it's fine.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how old are you both?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why would you want to have sex with someone you don't know and don't like? That's not going to be a pleasant experience for you.

The F in FWB is 'friend'; they dont have to be your bestie, but at least someone you know get along well with, where you can pick up and drop the contact as you both like. It's not something to do with someone that you a) have no feelings for or b) have feelings for and might end up wanting more from. It's not for everyone.

How old are you? Because you don't really sound mature enough to be getting involved in any kind of sexual relationship, let alone with some random online hookup. You've barely spoken to this guy!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Why would you want to have sex with someone you don't know and don't like? That's not going to be a pleasant experience for you.

The F in FWB is 'friend'; they dont have to be your bestie, but at least someone you know get along well with, where you can pick up and drop the contact as you both like. It's not something to do with someone that you a) have no feelings for or b) have feelings for and might end up wanting more from. It's not for everyone.

How old are you? Because you don't really sound mature enough to be getting involved in any kind of sexual relationship, let alone with some random online hookup. You've barely spoken to this guy!
I do like him as a person but it’s not the sort of thing I’d want to get into a relationship for.
We are both in our last year of college.
He goes to my old school and is mutual friends with a couple of people I know. I didn’t really know him at all when I was there like four years ago before I left but we recently started talking and we get on pretty well.
I don’t see the point in getting in a relationship when we will both be moving away in less than a year to go to uni.
I’d rather be fwb and have things stay fine when we both leave than have to deal with a break up when I leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.63%
I'm not sure (54)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (342)
29.43%
I have already dropped out (35)
3.01%
I'm not a current university student (561)
48.28%

Watched Threads