The Student Room Group

Provisional License. Should I wait to turn 17 and can I cancel my application??

I am 16 years and 6 months old.

I was in a bit of hurry to get a provisional license and paid £34 to DVLA to get a provisional "moped" license as I was not yet eligible for a provisional car license. The application is still in progress and I am expecting something in the post for more information in a week or two.

Due to lockdown, all my local moped/CBT training centres are overbooked or closed and my earliest CBT appointment is in 3 months later.

So I am now regretting it and think I should have waited a few more months and get a provisional car license as that's what I really want.

Could someone please help with the questions below

- How do I cancel the application and request a refund - I cannot see an obvious link for this. I paid online by card.

- If its too much hassle to cancel and I decide to keep the provisional moped license, I guess I cannot take the theory test right? Or can I still take the car theory test using this provisional license
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi my name is Andrew, I'm trying to apply for my first application how ever becasue I havent got a UK passport I have to get someone with a profession and has a full driving license to complete part 2 of my application how ever due to my mental health making be housebound for 7 years only past couple months I took the big step to come out of been housebound I feel like I'm in no man's land having no friends and just moving to a new area places like a GP or other health services can't do it you need to of knowing them atleast 2 years has anyone got some advice? Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by dexter2134
I am 16 years and 6 months old.

I was in a bit of hurry to get a provisional license and paid £34 to DVLA to get a provisional "moped" license as I was not yet eligible for a provisional car license. The application is still in progress and I am expecting something in the post for more information in a week or two.

Due to lockdown, all my local moped/CBT training centres are overbooked or closed and my earliest CBT appointment is in 3 months later.

So I am now regretting it and think I should have waited a few more months and get a provisional car license as that's what I really want.

Could someone please help with the questions below

- How do I cancel the application and request a refund - I cannot see an obvious link for this. I paid online by card.

- If its too much hassle to cancel and I decide to keep the provisional moped license, I guess I cannot take the theory test right? Or can I still take the car theory test using this provisional license

It's the same licence. When you hit 17 you can take a car theory test and learn to drive a car using it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending