Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Feel angry/sad/left out of going uni?

I was meant to go to university this year but the government properly ****ed me up. So i am resitting but I am genuinely scared I wont pass, and will end up in a circle and never go to university. Plus most my friends are going uni and Im scared theyll forget me and make new friends (which i get is the wholeeee point of uni) but i genuinely think i wont make any new friends in uni and i will probably be an social pariah

what do i do?
snoopydoopz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
are all your friends going to the same uni?
trust me, irrespective, people go to uni and find new friends whatever year it is.. and indeed they may 'forget' about you if you mean they may not wantto hang with you as much..
going to uni is a great thing, you'll meet so many new, interesting people thousands rather than the small year group of college/sixth form..
and trust me - you'll meet people! as people will be nervous and just approach you - and you'll meet even cooler people! i think its good thing maybe you not going to uni this year and hence not missing out on freshers, youll be partying, bar crawling, doing all the things you should be doing.. whilst you friends will be locked in their rooms with online learning all year?

whos really missing out here? hope that helps.. blessin in disguise eh?
MariaSE13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
Feel angry/sad/left out of going uni?

I was meant to go to university this year but the government properly ****ed me up. So i am resitting but I am genuinely scared I wont pass, and will end up in a circle and never go to university. Plus most my friends are going uni and Im scared theyll forget me and make new friends (which i get is the wholeeee point of uni) but i genuinely think i wont make any new friends in uni and i will probably be an social pariah

Develop the skill of being disciplined And consistent now, so that you can transfer those skills for uni. Focus on your grades, create a revision schedule that you know you’ll stick to(E.g. 8 hours of sleep,8hrs of freetime,8hr of work), set yourself 3 goals each day (e.g. today I’ll revise cardiovascular disease).

Ofc ur friends are gonna meet new people. But, If your worried about your “ friends” forgetting about you, are they even your friends? Just focus on yourself. Plus uni is a good way to network/ make connections. Im still 17 so haven’t been to uni yet, but ik that joining societies is a good way to make friends and u can make friends with people in ur course, freshers ect. You just have to step out of your comfort zone.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by snoopydoopz)
are all your friends going to the same uni?
trust me, irrespective, people go to uni and find new friends whatever year it is.. and indeed they may 'forget' about you if you mean they may not wantto hang with you as much..
going to uni is a great thing, you'll meet so many new, interesting people thousands rather than the small year group of college/sixth form..
and trust me - you'll meet people! as people will be nervous and just approach you - and you'll meet even cooler people! i think its good thing maybe you not going to uni this year and hence not missing out on freshers, youll be partying, bar crawling, doing all the things you should be doing.. whilst you friends will be locked in their rooms with online learning all year?

whos really missing out here? hope that helps.. blessin in disguise eh?
yeahhh i guess, but its just the fact that i cant really have the same sort of relationship that i had with my friends at 6th form at university. Like at 6th form we would laugh about like everythinggggg, like id enjoy going to school cause itd give me some sort of happiness to see my friends. But i guess you are right about meeting cooler people, but i dont feel like losing my old friends.

But thank you for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (129)
33.95%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (174)
45.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed