Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been struggling with my physical health. Been missing a lot of school. I'm falling behind classes. I'm in my last year of school. I've always had straight A's, but now that I'm doing poorly in class tests, my confidence is low. My dream has always been to go to med school, but due to health reasons, I can't apply this year, and have to take a gap year.
I have so much to catch up at school. But my motivation to get work done is so poor. I have battled with depression for many years too.

I know if I want to become a doctor, I need to have better resilience......

But I feel so crap.

Can someone give advice on how to overcome this and find my motivation again?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been struggling with my physical health. Been missing a lot of school. I'm falling behind classes. I'm in my last year of school. I've always had straight A's, but now that I'm doing poorly in class tests, my confidence is low. My dream has always been to go to med school, but due to health reasons, I can't apply this year, and have to take a gap year.
I have so much to catch up at school. But my motivation to get work done is so poor. I have battled with depression for many years too.

I know if I want to become a doctor, I need to have better resilience......

But I feel so crap.

Can someone give advice on how to overcome this and find my motivation again?
Are you receiving any help or support for your depression e.g. therapy or counselling? If not, please reach out and get some support. People are there to help you. Remember, everyone has a different path in life and if it takes you a bit longer to get to med school, that's perfectly okay. You need to make sure you are okay physically and mentally first as that's most important. You will get there, don't be so hard on yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.4%
I'm not sure (45)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (310)
29.75%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (510)
48.94%

Watched Threads