pjmcc11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i am applying for engineering at oxford, imperial, durham, bristol and sheffield. i am predicted 3A*s in maths, chem and physics. i dont feel ready for uni as corona has made my 6th form experience rubbish so i want a gap year. if u apply to defer are u less likely to get in? thanks
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pjmcc11)
i am applying for engineering at oxford, imperial, durham, bristol and sheffield. i am predicted 3A*s in maths, chem and physics. i dont feel ready for uni as corona has made my 6th form experience rubbish so i want a gap year. if u apply to defer are u less likely to get in? thanks
No but you could also consider applying next year with achieved grades.

If you have achieved 3 A*s you will be more likely to get offers than if they are predicted grades
pjmcc11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
No but you could also consider applying next year with achieved grades.

If you have achieved 3 A*s you will be more likely to get offers than if they are predicted grades
ik but theres no way i get 3 A*S lol
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ik but theres no way i get 3 A*S lol
You were the person who suggested 3 A*s - why on Earth are your school predicting you those grades if you have no chance of achieving them? Only apply to Oxford if you are very confident about achieving two A*s
Last edited by harrysbar; 4 weeks ago
pjmcc11
Rep:
?
You were the person who suggested 3 A*s - why on Earth are your school predicting you those grades if you have no chance of achieving them? Only apply to Oxford if you are very confident about achieving two A*s
schools give sunshine grades which go on ucas and our actual predictions. ofc theres a chance i get 3A*s but very slim. I wouldnt say im very confident but im sure i could get 2A*s and an A. also you can apply to oxford even if ur not very confident at getting 2A*s why not theres a chance and u have 5 choices so you may aswell
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
schools give sunshine grades which go on ucas and our actual predictions. ofc theres a chance i get 3A*s but very slim. I wouldnt say im very confident but im sure i could get 2A*s and an A. also you can apply to oxford even if ur not very confident at getting 2A*s why not theres a chance and u have 5 choices so you may aswell
You can apply yes and you might even get an offer if you are predicted 2 or 3 A*s but remember you also have to get 2 A*s in the exams to get into Engineering at Oxford. It's not just about getting conditional offers but meeting the conditions in the exams
pjmcc11
Rep:
?
You can apply yes and you might even get an offer if you are predicted 2 or 3 A*s but remember you also have to get 2 A*s in the exams to get into Engineering at Oxford. It's not just about getting conditional offers but meeting the conditions in the exams
well obviously yeah im not that dumb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads