Fantastic_Bird
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi. I would like to apply to study Zoology part time at Chester University starting in September 2021.

I'm hoping it'll be classed as an exception course (I'm hoping it's classed as a biological science) but as yet I don't know what the JACS code is - can anybody confirm it please?

Also, I already have an undergrad degree, which I don't think will be an issue, but I also have an additional HND - is this likely to affect my eligibility for student finance under the rules for exempt courses?

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fantastic_Bird)
Hi. I would like to apply to study Zoology part time at Chester University starting in September 2021.

I'm hoping it'll be classed as an exception course (I'm hoping it's classed as a biological science) but as yet I don't know what the JACS code is - can anybody confirm it please?

Also, I already have an undergrad degree, which I don't think will be an issue, but I also have an additional HND - is this likely to affect my eligibility for student finance under the rules for exempt courses?

Thanks
Hi, the database for 2021 has not been updated yet so I am unable to confirm this, if you can ask the university for the HECoS code and post it here then I can advise further.
Thanks, Isaac
Fantastic_Bird
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, the database for 2021 has not been updated yet so I am unable to confirm this, if you can ask the university for the HECoS code and post it here then I can advise further.
Thanks, Isaac
I've asked for the HECoS code. In the meantime, the UCAS course code is 5C18 if that helps at all?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've asked for the HECoS code. In the meantime, the UCAS course code is 5C18 if that helps at all?
We have an internal tool that we input a HECoS code into and it tells us if the course is an exception or not. Unfortunately I can't do this with a UCAS course code.
Thanks, Isaac
Fantastic_Bird
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We have an internal tool that we input a HECoS code into and it tells us if the course is an exception or not. Unfortunately I can't do this with a UCAS course code.
Thanks, Isaac
I am advised that the code is 100518. Thank you.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am advised that the code is 100518. Thank you.
That code shows that the course linked with that code is an exception course.
Thanks, Isaac
Fantastic_Bird
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
That code shows that the course linked with that code is an exception course.
Thanks, Isaac
Brilliant. Thank you.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Brilliant. Thank you.
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (21)
30%
No - I have already returned home (8)
11.43%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (15)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
30%

Watched Threads