sebra..1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
im in year 12 and im finding chemistry very hard people around me seem to understand what we are being taught but i sont really get it im not sure what to do
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don’t worry! It may seem like everyone understands but I can assure you that there are lots of people in the same position as you! Try reading ahead of lessons if you know what you will be doing from the textbook and then go home, read it from the textbook again and try some questions to help you understand. With anything you still don’t understand, ask on here!
Humairazaman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sebra..1)
im in year 12 and im finding chemistry very hard people around me seem to understand what we are being taught but i sont really get it im not sure what to do
Hey Im doing Alevel chemistry as well. What I do is that before every lesson, I read the topics from the textbook and attempt the questions at the end of each topic. This really helps when I'm actually in lesson as it's just a recap for me. Dont waste time perfecting ur notes, just make good ones in class and add to them from ur textbook if u think they're not enough using the spec. Lastly, just go on PMT and download the topic specific worksheets they're so helpful. Honestly, practice is key! Good luck, u can do this!
Navy_Blue
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I'm in Y13 but in Y12 I struggled so much with chem too. I was predicted a D at the beginning and now I'm an A*, it is doable. It definitely is a difficult subject but it's a 'practice makes perfect' type of subject so I agree with the others... PMT should be your best friend, chem guide is also very helpful, youtube videos....
I would suggest you to hang on a bit longer and don't lose motivation. Keep on putting in effort because it will pay off, it is such a beautiful subject as well and it opens up many doors for you in the future.
If you really don't enjoy it then drop it, you still have the possibility. But if you enjoy it and feel passionate about it believe me it will reflect on your grades in a couple of months.
Plus there are many students here who are happy to help you with any questions and struggles.
(Wait until you get to the organic part, that's when it becomes enjoyable to study.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed