How to lose weight

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone tell me how to lose weight (i need to lose around 40kg).
I am trying so hard, currently doing calorie counting and eating around 1400cal a day however I don't see any results. Also my family eat very unhealthy and it's very hard for me to keep away from food such as chocolate etc.
Please give me tips and advice.
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How long have you been eating 1400 calories for?
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps the first thing you could do after you wake up is to do some running. Then, have a very light meal after.

Keep a diary of the things you eat during the day

Disciplining yourself is very important at this stage. Clearly, losing weight will make you happy in the long run - Chocolate doesn’t. Steer away from chocolate etc and think about reaching that end goal. It’s not going to be easy but you can make it if you discipline yourself and stop having to crave food which you mustn’t eat.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
hey. I know it might not sound like much but genuinely go for a walk everyday. If you can get yourself a Fitbit or use the step counter on your phone and aim for 10000 steps everyday. This is the main way I’ve lost and am now maintaining my weight. It makes a huge difference. You don’t need to do a tonne of exercise but start being a little bit more active
khalil yousfi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I believe the main thing is to have a calorie deficit. So long as you burn more than you are consuming your on the right tracks. So to burn fat adopt different excersise that you enjoy and stick to them. As for your diet just keep away from high calorie food. Typically that is fatty and oilly food however it can just be eating too much carbohydrates. But most of all the best advice I can give you is this.
Whatever you do keep consistent and be patient. You won't see results in a day or a week,sometimes even a month. But undoubtedly I believe that you will eventually see change both physically and mentally. Love yourself. Hope this helps.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ramipril)
How long have you been eating 1400 calories for?
Well, I started again like 1 week ago because I did that over lockdown which helped me lose like 4kg and then I went on a holiday and gained them back.
Queen_Sasha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok so I have currently lost some weight, just shy of 3 stone. IT STARTS WITH FOOD! My god please do not listen to people who tell you to start with exercise. Yes, move more such as go for a walk around the block, dance to a song you liked. Something not too structured though. But you do not have to go balls to the wall and try do everything all at once. Honestly, the small changes are going to help the most.1) Look at your diet and make sustainable changes. Do I eat chocolate nearly everyday? Yes, because long term I will probs eat chocolate or something sweet nearly everyday because that is realistic to me tbh. But I cut out bread, because it was a food I couldn't control myself around. Look at your diet and be honest with yourself, make those small sustainable changes and always think about whether it is something you can keep up in the future. When you successfully make one change, make the next. And keep going. Yes, progress may be a bit slow but you know what, long term you will have that success and keep the weight off. And make these changes within your calories2)When you are comfortable with making those changes and calorie counting is second nature to you, then you can start doing more structure exercise. AND SOMETHING YOU ENJOY! Try things. I tried running for three weeks, hated it and I stopped. Replaced it with dance cardio and now I work out nearly everyday, although have barely this month (spoiler, no exercise and have not been within my calories for a 1/6 of this month and I HAVE STILL LOST WEIGHT). TL;DR:-Small changes that will transform your eating habits-Fun exercise you will regularly do
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well, I started again like 1 week ago because I did that over lockdown which helped me lose like 4kg and then I went on a holiday and gained them back.
Well you won't see much change in a week lol.

Why do you want to lose weight? You need to change your lifestyle, not just diet, or you will put it back on like you did before.
elixirhtc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well dear the best things to do if you want to lose your weight then you neend to make a routine of daily walking after dinner 15 to 20 min and try avoid fast foods and fatty foods and after having walk drink green tea...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Queen_Sasha)
Ok so I have currently lost some weight, just shy of 3 stone. IT STARTS WITH FOOD! My god please do not listen to people who tell you to start with exercise. Yes, move more such as go for a walk around the block, dance to a song you liked. Something not too structured though. But you do not have to go balls to the wall and try do everything all at once. Honestly, the small changes are going to help the most.1) Look at your diet and make sustainable changes. Do I eat chocolate nearly everyday? Yes, because long term I will probs eat chocolate or something sweet nearly everyday because that is realistic to me tbh. But I cut out bread, because it was a food I couldn't control myself around. Look at your diet and be honest with yourself, make those small sustainable changes and always think about whether it is something you can keep up in the future. When you successfully make one change, make the next. And keep going. Yes, progress may be a bit slow but you know what, long term you will have that success and keep the weight off. And make these changes within your calories2)When you are comfortable with making those changes and calorie counting is second nature to you, then you can start doing more structure exercise. AND SOMETHING YOU ENJOY! Try things. I tried running for three weeks, hated it and I stopped. Replaced it with dance cardio and now I work out nearly everyday, although have barely this month (spoiler, no exercise and have not been within my calories for a 1/6 of this month and I HAVE STILL LOST WEIGHT). TL;DR:-Small changes that will transform your eating habits-Fun exercise you will regularly do
Thank you. I don't really like exercise but over lockdown I went on 7-8 mile walks everyday and I really enjoy it. Might have to try running.
Pchim
Badges: 11
Report 1 month ago
You just have to be burning more calories than you are eating aka calorie deficit. Lots of water and lots of fruit and veggies and try listen to your bodies cravings then substitute with healthier alternatives. Say you are craving something sugary then eat a fruit that is high in natural sugars because your bodies cravings are usually telling you what you are low on
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by elixirhtc)
Well dear the best things to do if you want to lose your weight then you neend to make a routine of daily walking after dinner 15 to 20 min and try avoid fast foods and fatty foods and after having walk drink green tea...
Very little evidence to suggest that green tea helps with losing weight.
Azurekalyani
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
getting a bike is a good way not only fun but gets u more active.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads