Which is better??

Watch
curly123x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I’ve used TreSemme shampoo before and it was really good...

But I was wondering whether Ogx shampoo is any better (as it’s more expensive lol)...

So if there’s anyone here who’s used both, which shampoo is better for curly, dry hair??
Lau2en _
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve got curly hair, both rubbish, you need something without sulphate, parabens, ect Try using something vegan maybe, I use noughty wave
curly123x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lau2en _)
I’ve got curly hair, both rubbish, you need something without sulphate, parabens, ect Try using something vegan maybe, I use noughty wave
Ah ok I'll try and look for that one, where do you buy it from?
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I use TreSemme too and have curly hair.
Hmm not quite sure about the other one.
curly123x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nobodyy)
Yeah, I use TreSemme too and have curly hair.
Hmm not quite sure about the other one.
Yeah TreSemme has been the best one so far out of all the ones I've used, leaves your hair so smooth and shiny haha. Word of advice though if you haven't used Aussie shampoo already, I'd say don't lol cuz it seems more designed for fine, straight hair so it leaves mine a bit frizzy!
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by curly123x)
Yeah TreSemme has been the best one so far out of all the ones I've used, leaves your hair so smooth and shiny haha. Word of advice though if you haven't used Aussie shampoo already, I'd say don't lol cuz it seems more designed for fine, straight hair so it leaves mine a bit frizzy!
Ah, thanks for letting me know!😀
I haven’t experimented much on different shampoos haha.
Although apparently Tresemme isn’t good for your hair in the long run because of all the chemicals.
The struggles of having curly hair ugh
curly123x
Rep:
?
Ah, thanks for letting me know!😀
I haven’t experimented much on different shampoos haha.
Although apparently Tresemme isn’t good for your hair in the long run because of all the chemicals.
The struggles of having curly hair ugh
Yeah I haven't used many different shampoos either tbh... only Head and Shoulders (AWFUL), TreSemme (good) and Aussie (somewhere in the middle)...

And yeah I've heard that about TreSemme too haha but I've been using it for 2 years and it hasn't caused damage/hair loss or anything like that so far at least lol...

And yeah curly hair is so hard to maintain haha sometimes its just easier to straighten it!
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I haven't used many different shampoos either tbh... only Head and Shoulders (AWFUL), TreSemme (good) and Aussie (somewhere in the middle)...

And yeah I've heard that about TreSemme too haha but I've been using it for 2 years and it hasn't caused damage/hair loss or anything like that so far at least lol...

And yeah curly hair is so hard to maintain haha sometimes its just easier to straighten it!
Haha yeah, I know right!!😂
My mum forbids me from using head and shoulders anyways!
The daily struggles 😢
curly123x
Rep:
?
Haha yeah, I know right!!😂
My mum forbids me from using head and shoulders anyways!
The daily struggles 😢
Ahaha you're lucky you never had to use it lol Head and Shoulders was so bad for me, I used it forever and it messed up my hair sooo much... just untangling it in the morning used to take years! I'm the only one in my family with hair like this too (mom and sister have normal wavy hair while mine is super thick and so curly I have to use a special wide tooth comb) so Head and Shoulders used to work fine for them while it made my hair unmanageable lol...

It was only like 2 years ago that it occurred to me the shampoo might be the problem lmao
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahaha you're lucky you never had to use it lol Head and Shoulders was so bad for me, I used it forever and it messed up my hair sooo much... just untangling it in the morning used to take years! I'm the only one in my family with hair like this too (mom and sister have normal wavy hair while mine is super thick and so curly I have to use a special wide tooth comb) so Head and Shoulders used to work fine for them while it made my hair unmanageable lol...

It was only like 2 years ago that it occurred to me the shampoo might be the problem lmao
Ah I get you! 😭

I wish I had “normal” straightish hair. It’s like a struggle every day and I spend a long time trying to untangle everything ugh. I don’t straighten my hair because I don’t want to do it any damage.

Sorry about the head and shoulders situation 😥 must’ve been a real pain!
curly123x
Rep:
?
Ah I get you! 😭

I wish I had “normal” straightish hair. It’s like a struggle every day and I spend a long time trying to untangle everything ugh. I don’t straighten my hair because I don’t want to do it any damage.

Sorry about the head and shoulders situation 😥 must’ve been a real pain!
Same! Straight/wavy type hair is easy to handle in general and it doesn't take much effort to put it into nice curls but properly curly hair requires a full haircare routine to look good as it is and it's not easy to straighten it either...

I used to straighten it nearly everyday before but I don't do it much anymore now that I know what products to use to get it to look good curly haha... my mom always used to worry that my hair would end up getting really damaged or falling out cuz of all the straightening but now that's not a problem anymore!

So you don't straighten it even for occasions/parties and stuff? That's impressive haha, my mom would definitely approve lol! And it's ok haha I'm never going near h and s products again as long as I'm alive!
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same! Straight/wavy type hair is easy to handle in general and it doesn't take much effort to put it into nice curls but properly curly hair requires a full haircare routine to look good as it is and it's not easy to straighten it either...

I used to straighten it nearly everyday before but I don't do it much anymore now that I know what products to use to get it to look good curly haha... my mom always used to worry that my hair would end up getting really damaged or falling out cuz of all the straightening but now that's not a problem anymore!

So you don't straighten it even for occasions/parties and stuff? That's impressive haha, my mom would definitely approve lol! And it's ok haha I'm never going near h and s products again as long as I'm alive!
Totally feel you girl!

Ok, I admit I straighten my hair sometimes 😂 for parties and when I go out somewhere. However, I try not to because I don’t want to damage it too much. My mum is a bit OCD about my hair tbh haha!!

However, I haven’t in 6 months because of corona and quarantine. 😄
curly123x
Rep:
?
Totally feel you girl!

Ok, I admit I straighten my hair sometimes 😂 for parties and when I go out somewhere. However, I try not to because I don’t want to damage it too much. My mum is a bit OCD about my hair tbh haha!!

However, I haven’t in 6 months because of corona and quarantine. 😄
Ahaha thought so

I normally straighten either for occasions now or sometimes just cuz I feel like it, or if there's a certain hairstyle I wanna do that won't work with curly... and I fully thought I was the only one who's mom is obsessed with their hair haha!

Though I actually have been straightening it recently for going out as it's grown a LOT and there's too many split ends and stuff for it to look good curly! I'm due a haircut lol
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

my whole family has extremely curly hair but i suffered from the same thing. i use ogx btw
curly123x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lilymae69)
my whole family has extremely curly hair but i suffered from the same thing. i use ogx btw
So we can conclude that head and shoulders is horrible for curly hair in haha 😂

And what’s Ogx like?
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahaha thought so

I normally straighten either for occasions now or sometimes just cuz I feel like it, or if there's a certain hairstyle I wanna do that won't work with curly... and I fully thought I was the only one who's mom is obsessed with their hair haha!

Though I actually have been straightening it recently for going out as it's grown a LOT and there's too many split ends and stuff for it to look good curly! I'm due a haircut lol
Haha yh! I try to get a hair cut every now and then tbh. For now, I want to maintain my hair and not try much on styling it. I will start perhaps when I am a little older just cause my mum can get crazy about keeping my hair healthy etc haha
curly123x
Rep:
?
O

Haha yh! I try to get a hair cut every now and then tbh. For now, I want to maintain my hair and not try much on styling it. I will start perhaps when I am a little older just cause my mum can get crazy about keeping my hair healthy etc haha
Yeah I used to get one every couple of months or so before lockdown 😂

How old are you though if you don’t mind me asking? I’m 18
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
O

Yeah I used to get one every couple of months or so before lockdown 😂

How old are you though if you don’t mind me asking? I’m 18
I am 20
curly123x
Rep:
?
I am 20
Ah right 😅
I’ll be 19 in June and I’ve just started first year at uni... do you go uni too?
Last edited by curly123x; 1 month ago
Bagarigak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah right 😅
I’ll be 19 in June and I’ve just started first year at uni... do you go uni too?
Nice! Yep, I've started my second year of uni!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads