Fl23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had a minor bump a couple months ago where I slightly reversed into someone’s car. The damage was in no way severe at all. I told my insurance company on the phone that I was the only one in my car out of panic, however I had a passenger in which I have just wrote on my accident report form. Will this matter? I really don’t want to lose my license
Last edited by Fl23; 1 month ago
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fl23)
I had a minor bump a couple months ago where I slightly reversed into someone’s car. The damage was in no way severe at all. I told my insurance company on the phone that I was the only one in my car out of panic, however I had a passenger in which I have just wrote on my accident report form. Will this matter? I really don’t want to lose my license
You won't lose your licence, but your insurance may be cancelled. Which you then have to declare to future insurers for the next 5 years, which will increase your premiums.
Joshyouare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joshkav)
You won't lose your licence, but your insurance may be cancelled. Which you then have to declare to future insurers for the next 5 years, which will increase your premiums.
No need to scare them for no reason, although insurers do look for ways to get out of stuff there's no way this will be a big issue. Losing your license is not possible from this (not sure where you've seen that it is - OP). Your insurance is valid for you and passengers, just because you forgot to tell them about a passenger will make next to no difference.
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joshyouare)
No need to scare them for no reason, although insurers do look for ways to get out of stuff there's no way this will be a big issue. Losing your license is not possible from this (not sure where you've seen that it is - OP). Your insurance is valid for you and passengers, just because you forgot to tell them about a passenger will make next to no difference.
Is the reason why I said "may be cancelled", I was only telling them of the repercussions that they may face. I agree this is not a big issue and most likely nothing will come of it, but this is not guaranteed.
Joshyouare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is the reason why I said "may be cancelled", I was only telling them of the repercussions that they may face. I agree this is not a big issue and most likely nothing will come of it, but this is not guaranteed.
Maybe next time you could say something about how the chances are extremely low, and not only list out the negative repercussions. Cheers.
Joshkav
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe next time you could say something about how the chances are extremely low, and not only list out the negative repercussions. Cheers.
You should always expect the worse, then you won't be surprised when the worse comes.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe next time you should play up more negatives and insist they will all happen. Cheers.

(TBH I agree, while the chances may be slim, the fact is the insurer has a motive for not paying out the claim, and giving them mixed statements is an opportunity for them to do so, avoid it. In reality I'd just call them back an explain I made a daft error in my initial statement. You're already accepting blame and assuming yr passenger isn't also trying to claim they won't care much about them)
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's unlikely as it is a minor issue but it's not impossible.

This could happen. At the end of the day OP was dishonest and insurers don't like this.

Insurance is a risk business... guess what behaviour is inherently risky?
Last edited by FRS500; 1 month ago
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't understand why you'd lie about having a passenger :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads