Study6076
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have 6 weeks left till the retake is this the most effective way to revise the whole course(Aiming for a 9)?

doing a paper a day untill retake(ramping it closer to the exam), going over topics i got wrong in paper?
stressed_out_rob
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Revision typically varies from person to person so there is no one true way to revise, so don't worry if methods you see recommended don't work for you.
6 weeks is still a good amount of time, so I would personally recommend you try out a few different methods of revision, for example: cue cards, doing exam questions, reading through text books, etc. Don't forget to not overwork yourself, it is very good that you have started revision this early but don't stay up late making sure you get one answer, sleep/rest is a very important part of retaining/acquiring knowledge, so don't get into a habit of staying up to 11:30pm making sure you finish something.

Personally, I would not heavily endorse an entire paper a day, maybe something closer to spending 15-30-minutes a day on a certain topic, then rounding that time off by doing some exam questions of that topic. I would recommend spending the 15-30 minutes doing things like reading through notes, reading equations, watching videos explaining it, reading through text books, attempting text book questions then ending that study time with a few exam style questions or even questions from previous papers. However, if doing a paper a day suits you well, then go for that.
nightingalegend
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i’d say that’s a reasonable amount, as long as you’re doing as many past papers as possible. everyone is different though!
doodlyflower
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd recommend doing 1-2 practice papers a week, and spend the rest of the time drilling questions and topics you struggle with. Maybe if you struggle with (e.g) circle theorems, print out a few sheets of circle theorems and do them, get teachers help, mark them and go over how to do them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.31%
I'm not sure (59)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (617)
48.77%

Watched Threads