Can any share their thoughts on this?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Me and my friend went out for lunch and took it back to my house to eat our food. He kept lectering me on my life, how I need to get a job, do stuff in general myself, do I not have any other friends etc. He says do stuff myself because I just said "we can build this race track together" then he said "sometimes you have to do stuff yourself". He asked how Ive been doing and I just said "Ive had college not enjoying it but its something plus its only 2 days a week" then he said "2 days a , what do you do the other days?" so I say "they are my days off so I chill" but he started saying "you are lazy a lazy **** and you need to get a job before you regret it coz you are 19 years old", I just said "what do you mean I go to college 2 days a week", he was like "why do you think they give you 3 days off and the weekend?", I say "Its so you can have a few days off" he says "no its so you can get a ****ing part time job you, Im sorry but you are thick". Hes lecturing me on how I need to get a job and that Im an adult and hes saying Ill regret not getting a job in the future. He saying "every other college student had a job exept you".

All this has upset me Ive started thinking am Iazy for not having a part time job, I kust want to take a step at a time, I am 19 like my friend said and I go to college 2 days a week but dont have a job. I have been at home sat here feeling guilty about not having a job.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it was a bit rude and insensitive of him to say it like that
but maybe you should get a part time job (:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by khadijaaaxxxx)
it was a bit rude and insensitive of him to say it like that
but maybe you should get a part time job (:
Why though, I’m fine as I am
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why though, I’m fine as I am
you obviously have those three days off, why not?
but ultimately it's your decision so do what you want
SkeletonLady
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Aight so first of all, I was thinking 'oh he's probably just concerned for you', but if he's saying it like that then that's so goddamn rude. And it's none of his business really.

In all honesty, you aren't doing that much. College two days a week is barely anything, and if you are happy doing that then fine, but I'd strongly recommend getting a part time job or just getting out there whether that's learning something interesting, doing productive things like hobbies, or doing something towards a career you want.

Honestly 19 is such an important age because you are just emerging into the world. Grab all the opportunities you can whole you get student discounts and are living at home with financial freedom. You'll regret it otherwise.

This can also seriously help your development as a person and your mental health, and saving up some money from a job gives you a big advantage later down the line.

Honestly, get out there my dude. X
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He definitely should have been nicer about it and not so needlessly aggressive, but he does have a point. College for only two days a week leaves you with a lot of spare time and although you don't need to be working at the moment, it will really boost your CV and help you out in the future. Two days of college and, say, two days of work, still leaves you with three days to relax.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.35%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.02%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (375)
49.08%

Watched Threads