does life get better during a levels?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
currently, i am a high achieving gcse student. i have a passion for sciences and languages and hope to study chem, biol and french for a levels next year.

i am unfortunately struggling at the moment with bad mental health, following my sexual assault last year. i am also in classes with my sexual assaulter and experience daily panic attacks.

do things get better during a levels, especially if the evil people leave?

just checking, so i can prepare myself mentally for next year.

take care
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
currently, i am a high achieving gcse student. i have a passion for sciences and languages and hope to study chem, biol and french for a levels next year.

i am unfortunately struggling at the moment with bad mental health, following my sexual assault last year. i am also in classes with my sexual assaulter and experience daily panic attacks.

take care
I'm diagnosed with SAD and I realized that after a bunch of kids left, I felt a bit better. I can say that surrounding yourself with your friends also helps a lot. I'm not a clinical psychologist so I won't tell you that your panic attacks will stop, but I believe that you'll feel much better once that person is gone.

My honest suggestion is that you should partake in therapy. Personally, I feel like understanding why I developed my abnormality helped with my ability to cope with it. Trauma can lead to unwanted coping mechanisms that, although help now, will be dysfunctional after you graduate; if you feel like you need it, therapy would be pretty beneficial for the short and long term

wishing you all the best
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

take care
Does the school know or have you told anyone?
I would suggest speaking to certain people and possibly moving classes or seeking to get that person moved.

If that person leaves then at least they wont be there as a daily reminder. It will still take you not to become a prisoner of your experience and start to devise a straegy to contain and control any negative effects, whilst focusing on your future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads