Do I have enough funding to do my top up if I've done 3 years at uni?

Watch
Rowntree18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I wasted 2 years at uni, 1 year doing a course i did not enjoy, the 2nd year was on a course i enjoyed but i had to leave for personal reasons so i was able to get this year refunded, so as it stands, I have wasted 1 year, I went on to do a 2 year foundation degree which I just finished this year and I'm now wondering if I have enough funding left to do the 1 year top up to make it a full degree? Can anyone assist me please?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rowntree18)
I wasted 2 years at uni, 1 year doing a course i did not enjoy, the 2nd year was on a course i enjoyed but i had to leave for personal reasons so i was able to get this year refunded, so as it stands, I have wasted 1 year, I went on to do a 2 year foundation degree which I just finished this year and I'm now wondering if I have enough funding left to do the 1 year top up to make it a full degree? Can anyone assist me please?
Hi there, the calculation we use is - (Length of new course) + 1 additional year - (previous study) = standard entitlement.

For the purposes of the calculation, a 1 year top up course is always classed as 3. If you have 4 years of previous study then your calculation will be 3+1-4=0 years of funding so you will not be eligible for funding unless you have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
Rowntree18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there, the calculation we use is - (Length of new course) + 1 additional year - (previous study) = standard entitlement.

For the purposes of the calculation, a 1 year top up course is always classed as 3. If you have 4 years of previous study then your calculation will be 3+1-4=0 years of funding so you will not be eligible for funding unless you have Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
Since I got 1 year refunded due to personal compelling reasons, does this mean i have 1 year of funding left and i can do the top up?

3+1-3(4 but one year was refunded for personal compelling reasons) =1?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rowntree18)
Since I got 1 year refunded due to personal compelling reasons, does this mean i have 1 year of funding left and i can do the top up?

3+1-3(4 but one year was refunded for personal compelling reasons) =1?
Based on that information then yes you should be funded for 1 year.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (61)
15.37%
I'm not sure (14)
3.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (134)
33.75%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.51%
I'm not a current university student (182)
45.84%

Watched Threads