DomChawla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My girlfriends top-up year was cancelled a week before teaching starts and 4 days before student finance was due to pay out. Obviously her university isn’t organised or put any thought into what they were doing, and now they’re preventing her from getting onto a course at my university through clearing, as they’re not sending her grades over and have made her wait over a week now. Their excuse is “we’re busy” even though it is their fault they’re in this situation in the first place. Now my question starts; if clearing ends before her old uni sends over her grades, would they be able to help her get onto the course by speaking to my uni even if it did mean she’d start a few days late? Or is the end of clearing the last chance of her getting in? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DomChawla; 4 weeks ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DomChawla)
My girlfriends top-up year was cancelled a week before teaching starts and 4 days before student finance was due to pay out. Obviously her university isn’t organised or put any thought into what they were doing, and now they’re preventing her from getting onto a course at my university through clearing, as they’re not sending her grades over and have made her wait over a week now. Their excuse is “we’re busy” even though it is their fault they’re in this situation in the first place. Now my question starts; if clearing ends before her old uni sends over her grades, would they be able to help her get onto the course by speaking to my uni even if it did mean she’d start a few days late? Or is the end of clearing the last chance of her getting in? Thanks in advance.
Can't your girlfriend self release into Clearing by pressing the button on her UCAS track?

If not then she should phone UCAS for advice
DomChawla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Can't your girlfriend self release into Clearing by pressing the button on her UCAS track?

If not then she should phone UCAS for advice
She never used ucas as she was enrolled to her top up year through her university cause it’s her third year being there. The problem isn’t applying to my uni, it’s having her results from her level 5, sent over to my uni.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DomChawla)
Hi!

I would contact the uni that she is wanting to join and ask them is it okay for her to transfer these grades over herself and not via her uni. This is assuming she has her grades? Also, this new uni might help, if you explain the whole situation to them and your worries. They might be able to get the other uni to send the grades over.
Starting a few days late wouldn't matter too much and she shouldn't miss out on much and she'll be given all the help for this.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.35%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.02%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (375)
49.08%

Watched Threads