Is she interested

Watch
clydeasar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
There is a girl giving me mixed feelings. We mostly talked online though we did talk abit irl but due to different class timings and modules, we dont really have the chance to talk. Somehow i started talking to her on ig but she can take up to 18 hours to reply. However her replies sound interested and she even asked me questions back about whether i have been in that cca or have learnt XXX since young etc. I know time taken to reply if its after 12 hours usually means they arent interested, but she gives me mixed feelings because she seems interested from the way she asks me back questions (though not alot), she even gave me her number when i told her on ig that i prefer using whatsapp to chat (i did not give mine). so of course i initiated and messaged her on whatsapp but then again between my messages and hers its 18-24 hours. I do see her online sometimes but its not for very long, she also replies after almost a day with many messages and questions. Most of our conversations lies around sports and school life, about how long we have learnt this/that and if you wna learn a new thing etc. We havent completely opened up yet so our messages are still polite and held back to some extent. One part of me wants to move on and believe she doesnt even wanna be friends/dislikes me, because she can take 24 hours to reply but another part of me thinks it isnt that bad because she still replies many messages and even asks questions (like how long ive learnt smth or did i do smth). Im a girl too. I dont think she has a bf (based on what i observed and know)

What should i do? Does she like me back? Also its not possible for me to ask her straight because we arent that close and it would be awkward since we are both girls.
Last edited by clydeasar; 4 weeks ago
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeh Um if she’s doing that constantly that could be a red flag. This is from first hand expierience. But idk she could just be nervous or busy if it’s been going on for a month that’s a bad sign. You can ask her now but. You won’t really know until she says or you ask because people are friendly and it’s hard to know if they like you are not.
clydeasar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by learner38)
Yeh Um if she’s doing that constantly that could be a red flag. This is from first hand expierience. But idk she could just be nervous or busy if it’s been going on for a month that’s a bad sign. You can ask her now but. You won’t really know until she says or you ask because people are friendly and it’s hard to know if they like you are not.
yeahhh thats the issue, no we were acquaintainces since 2019 (went home together on the train before after ccas) it was pretty normal back then, but we never really spoke heart to heart irl or after that, we recently started talking last week on ig
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads