rose1443
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello I have a question if I'm going to skip IGCSE and done with A level or AS level will the universities accept me? or I need to do it?
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
University requirements are all based off A level or equivalent, so theoretically yes, however be careful with this - some places offering A levels require you to have done GCSE first, some A levels you really need to have done GCSE first- for example languages A levels build up from GCSEs.
The other thing to be careful with is that certain courses require things like GCSE English/Maths & sometimes sciences regardless of A level achievements (even just having these IGCSEs would help in the long run to say that you've passed them, even if they're the only ones you have).
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You generally need to know the IGCSE content to study the subject at A level but you don't necessarily have to have taken the exam. Most university courses require you to have passed IGCSE Maths and English Language. Exactly what else you need depends a bit on the university and the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.33%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.15%

Watched Threads