kwhyte3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Do GCSE grades directly affect your likelihood of getting into university, even though my final IB results exceed what they require?
Most of the uni's I am planning to apply to require a B and I got a C (but I also meet their IB Maths grade requirement)...
rach0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The uni that i applied to required a B in maths but i got a C & they offered me an unconditional place based on my a level predictions.

Obviously you would have needed to pass the required GCSEs, especially maths english possibly ict and a science, depending on what you’re applying for. English and Maths are essential.

Don’t let it bother you. They will focus more on the a levels and personal statement and in the rare occasion when they are over subscribed they will look at GCSEs as a last resort. Good luck
kwhyte3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rach0)
The uni that i applied to required a B in maths but i got a C & they offered me an unconditional place based on my a level predictions.

Obviously you would have needed to pass the required GCSEs, especially maths english possibly ict and a science, depending on what you’re applying for. English and Maths are essential.

Don’t let it bother you. They will focus more on the a levels and personal statement and in the rare occasion when they are over subscribed they will look at GCSEs as a last resort. Good luck
Thank you so much! This really helped!
I did pass all my GCSE subjects, but I'm doing the IB instead of A levels, do you think this will cause any effects?
rach0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t know enough about the IB. In my case, i did Level 3 City and Guilds and did work placements which i wrote about in my personal statement. I got offered all 5 uni places. So it is possible to get into uni without a levels. Have a look on ucas and the unis websites. Find unis that interest you and write down their requirements. If you are unsure, send them a quick email about the IB. i’m sure many people will be asking about it. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (231)
31.09%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (363)
48.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise