comeasuare
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
good morning,

I want to study english and these are my current favourites - cambridge, st andrews, glasgow, york, lancaster - what do you think of quality of course, uni, are they respected etc? I achieved a*a*a* at a level, do I have a chance, am I over/underestimating myself? would you pick any other unis instead based on quality?

thanks guys 😀
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by comeasuare)
good morning,

I want to study english and these are my current favourites - cambridge, st andrews, glasgow, york, lancaster - what do you think of quality of course, uni, are they respected etc? I achieved a*a*a* at a level, do I have a chance, am I over/underestimating myself? would you pick any other unis instead based on quality?

thanks guys 😀
I'm pretty sure you already know that those unis are respected and are very good. You should have a look at the entry requirements for English at these unis to see if your grades meet their criteria. You've got very good grades so you would probably be alright at these unis as you can cope with a heavy workload and you're a hard worker.

You could also have a look on league tables to see which unis rank better for English to give you some other options if you aren't sure about these.
comeasuare
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I'm pretty sure you already know that those unis are respected and are very good. You should have a look at the entry requirements for English at these unis to see if your grades meet their criteria. You've got very good grades so you would probably be alright at these unis as you can cope with a heavy workload and you're a hard worker.

You could also have a look on league tables to see which unis rank better for English to give you some other options if you aren't sure about these.
okay, I'll take a look thanks 😀
etienne26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by comeasuare)
good morning,

thanks guys 😀
Seriously?
comeasuare
Rep:
?
(Original post by etienne26)
Seriously?
what do you mean sorry?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.39%
I'm not sure (59)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (368)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (613)
48.73%

Watched Threads