Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My step mum wants to take my half sisters to another country like very soon, but i don't think that would be healthy for my sisters since she has some issues mentally and by that i mean anger issues ,that need her to take some form of medicine but she doesn't want to because according to her it makes her feel like a ginny pig. I told her the education system here is way better and it will be better for my sisters since they get to see us and she said she doesn't want to see my dad. I'm just worried so i want to know wether she can take my sisters away without talking it out with the father?
Anonymous #1
I also would like to add that i think she is still not calmed down from yesterday so i think her decision is rather impulsive and my dad is planning to have her take custody of the kids since he work alot so doesn't have much time to spend for my siblings but like he wants her to live in a house in the uk with my siblings.
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When people are going through the divorce process, one of the principal matters at hand is the care of the children from the marriage.

If there is no initial agreement and if mediation hasn't resolved the issue, the matter goes to court and a court order is obtained.

The court order deals with

where the child lives

how much time the child spends with each parent

what kind of contact is involved (phone calls etc)

It's called a 'Child Arrangements Order'.

Although I know that you are worried about this, it's better to concentrate on things like your school work and your friends.

This is an aspect of their divorce and, as such, it's something for them to deal with using the support of the courts.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My step mum wants to take my half sisters to another country like very soon, but i don't think that would be healthy for my sisters since she has some issues mentally and by that i mean anger issues ,that need her to take some form of medicine but she doesn't want to because according to her it makes her feel like a ginny pig. I told her the education system here is way better and it will be better for my sisters since they get to see us and she said she doesn't want to see my dad. I'm just worried so i want to know wether she can take my sisters away without talking it out with the father?
Not enough info here! How old is each person? Your mum's mental health should be her first priority- not messing up the lives of other people with her inability to manage her own anger and resentment!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above, a court order would be the best course of action if both parents can't decide where the children will live. It very much depends on the ages of the children but if they are settled, have social lives, a good education etc then it may be in their best interests to stay here. Generally both parents should be involved regarding decisions about where the children attend school, which doctors surgery they are registered at, any changes of name, consenting to medical treatment, as they all fall under parental responsibilities, so your dad will have a say whether the children are taken out of the country or not.

From the Gov website - 'If it’s a major decision (for example, one of you wants to move abroad with your children) both parents with responsibility must agree in writing.'
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Sorry for the inconvenience my parents made up, i was just worried about my sister which made me act impulsively by jumping to a conclusion that they would actaully divorce.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads