What should a guy wear to bed when sharing a house with guys and girls?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m starting uni this year, and I’m getting ready to pack for my fresher’s year. I’m going to be sharing a house with two guys and two girls? What do people usually wear to bed at uni? Do people care?
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Usually you’ll be in your bedroom alone? Probably boxer shorts / pajama shorts and a T-shirt, but I wouldn’t think too much about it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Usually you’ll be in your bedroom alone? Probably boxer shorts / pajama shorts and a T-shirt, but I wouldn’t think too much about it.
Cheers! I would assume I’ll be going to the kitchen / bathroom at some point, but mostly yeah! Okay. I don’t usually wear a T-shirt but can get one
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It literally doesn't matter! Wear whatever you're comfortable with to sleep but if you need to get up at some point just have a t-shirt by your bed to chuck on or a dressing gown or something. My male flatmates in first year walked around in just boxers and I don't think anyone minded so maybe just see how it goes?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't walk around naked, beyond that wear what you feel comfortable in around others in the night.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just be mindful of a lot of fire alarms (drills and burnt toast) in what you wear to bed!
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
tbh I don't wear anything. If I'm in communal areas, I respect others and sling on a trackkie bottoms/ a bathrobe.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m starting uni this year, and I’m getting ready to pack for my fresher’s year. I’m going to be sharing a house with two guys and two girls? What do people usually wear to bed at uni? Do people care?
Hiya!

In my first year I lived with 5 girls and 4 boys and typically all the boys during the evening, if we were just chilling watching a film, would be in trackies/ shorts and a hoodie or t-shirt. Then to bed wear whatever you feel comfortable in! I would always have out my sliders next to my bed and a hoodie and trackies though just in case of a fire alarm, or if I needed to leave my room to go into the kitchen in the middle of the night as you don't want to awkwardly bump into anyone and don't be appropriately dressed! Always dress inwhat you feel comfortable

Best of luck at uni! Sam- Official Student Rep
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Pyjamas or sleep naked, though I think the second option is a little crude.
Fresher18
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In your own room, whatever you like but when walking around in communal areas just throw on a t-shirt & shorts etc. Like others have suggested always have a t-shirt, shorts & shoes/flip-flops beside your bed for when you get a 3am fire alarm after your flatmates have drunk munchies...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.33%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.35%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.15%

Watched Threads