Uni starts in 2 hours

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello
My first uni introduction session starts soon via zoom and I'm soo nervous. Does anybody have any tips. I have really bad social anxiety and so this is really hard for me as I dont know what to expect. Do you think there will be an icebreaker? If so are there any websites that can tell me how to respond to these. I've been up all night trying to think of interesting facts about me and so on and all the websites I've been on are no help whatsoever. Please help
Advertisement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello
My first uni introduction session starts soon via zoom and I'm soo nervous. Does anybody have any tips. I have really bad social anxiety and so this is really hard for me as I dont know what to expect. Do you think there will be an icebreaker? If so are there any websites that can tell me how to respond to these. I've been up all night trying to think of interesting facts about me and so on and all the websites I've been on are no help whatsoever. Please help
Depends on the course.
If its a mainstream one with large intake and its just a lecture then there shouldnt be icebreakers.
If its a tutorial (notwithstanding the fact you havent learnt anything yet, then just write down your name and maybe why you choce the uni or course. I really doubt there will be one. Imo it will mostly be the lecturer doing the lecture or the tutor doing easy questions.

I would be making sure I had some sleep, been to the loo and has a drink/ snacks at hand. Nobody will be that interested in anyone else and to the extent people are bothered, then there will be a few who are a bit nervous. It will be fine.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Depends on the course.
If its a mainstream one with large intake and its just a lecture then there shouldnt be icebreakers.
If its a tutorial (notwithstanding the fact you havent learnt anything yet, then just write down your name and maybe why you choce the uni or course. I really doubt there will be one. Imo it will mostly be the lecturer doing the lecture or the tutor doing easy questions.

I would be making sure I had some sleep, been to the loo and has a drink/ snacks at hand. Nobody will be that interested in anyone else and to the extent people are bothered, then there will be a few who are a bit nervous. It will be fine.
He’s probably their now, I hope you can come back replying on how good your day was op. Good luck for your uni experience op
Advertisement
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
He’s probably their now, I hope you can come back replying on how good your day was op. Good luck for your uni experience op
Silly me, maybe he can use it for his next ones assuming he didnt go into meltdown.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Silly me, maybe he can use it for his next ones assuming he didnt go into meltdown.
Hopefully he’s doing good
Advertisement
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello
Just go with the flow and don’t try too hard to fit in. Also, stay humble and modest and don’t show off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.7%
I'm not sure (11)
3.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (124)
34.16%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.65%
I'm not a current university student (165)
45.45%

Watched Threads