AQA A-level Physics Autumn Exam 7408 Paper 1,2,3 9/15/21 Oct 2020 - Exam Discussion

Watch
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

AQA A-level Physics 7408 - Paper 1,2,3 - 9th/15th/21st October 2020

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here Image Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others Image

This thread covers the following papers:

• 7408 Paper 1,2,3 9th/ 15th / 21st October 2020

The official specification:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...08-SP-2015.PDF

List of Recommeded Resources:

Autumn Exam Megathread - Autumn Exam Thread Directory

ohidontthinksom9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hows everyone found the paper 3 practical stuff?
ważzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
odds on it's full of electricity ans mechanics so particles aren't mentioned at all
ohidontthinksom9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ważzer)
odds on it's full of electricity ans mechanics so particles aren't mentioned at all
Nah I fully hate particles don’t really know it at all, elec is one of my strongest topics
kayani002
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im literally struggling with physics questions so much im ... so bad at it! i know the content though
ohidontthinksom9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kayani002)
Im literally struggling with physics questions so much im ... so bad at it! i know the content though
use snap revise and physics and maths tutor - both great
Smokestar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in some *****y situation. I've still got learn all of astrophysics and practical practice. I'm going to start it after paper 1 for 2 hours a day so by paper 2 i have completed it and then have like 4 days of revision. RIP.
Smokestar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in some *****y situation. I've still got learn all of astrophysics and practical practice. I'm going to start it after paper 1 for 2 hours a day so by paper 2 i have completed it and then have like 4 days of revision. RIP.

(Original post by ohidontthinksom9)
Nah I fully hate particles don’t really know it at all, elec is one of my strongest topics
I hope its mostly particles, waves and electricity. Mechanics is not my strength. More specifically vectors
kayani002
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ohidontthinksom9)
use snap revise and physics and maths tutor - both great
i dont have snaprevise unfortunately
cloudypink
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kayani002)
i dont have snaprevise unfortunately
They have free YouTube videos or you can use the code QSTUDY10 for discount.
ważzer
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What's the best way to get prepped for Paper 3? I just got through Astro yesterday and I need a way to quickly familiarise myself with it & the practicals. Don't wanna let myself down on the last paper after all

Also, does anyone have the mark scheme for 2019 papers?
Last edited by ważzer; 3 weeks ago
SpiderMan1234434
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Was the speed 31m per second for distance between cars?
likes_maths
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah it was
Fefo Chan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you remember how you got it ? I was stuck at this question
likes_maths
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fefo Chan)
Do you remember how you got it ? I was stuck at this question
Omg no wait I thought you meant the speed. I got like 84 m for the distance. I calculated the ke before and then made that equal to work done. What did you get for the 1 marker at the end?
SpiderMan1234434
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Question 1:

a): Particle physics: Conservation law (2marks)
b): Why was a Kaon and antikaon not the same particle? (2marks)
c): Strong nuclear force, discuss which of Pion, Kaon, or Muon was the exchange particle (4marks)

Question 2: Photocell connected to a ac power supply

a) The photoelectric effect: Why frequency had to be greater than threshold frequency (2marks)
b) Given graph of stopping potential (V against I), work out number of electrons emitted at maximum current (2marks) - I realised after it was simply current/charge of electron. I'm so angry about this.
c) Can't remember, but couldn't do (2marks)
d) AC power supply so the terminals flipped so had to explain why current decreased (3marks)
e) Can't remember exactly but I did do it (3marks)

Question 3: Waves interference and Youngs double slit

a) Explain why two speakers will be coherent. They are coherent because connected to same signal generator and so will have phase difference (2marks)
b) Explain why amplitude of sound decrease and then increases moving from A to B (3marks)
c) Given all values for Youngs double slit equation like distance between speaker, distance between point A and B etc show path difference was 1 approximately (3marks)
d) Given frequency so workout wave speed (1mark) I used lambda from part c) is that correct?
e) Explain how decreasing frequency will affect amplitude of sound was moving beyond B (3marks)

Question 5: circular motion on inclined plane.

a) Provide a recommended speed (4marks)

Question 5: Mechanics

a) Graph of v/t find average velocity and whether it is above speed limit (2marks)
b) Recommend distance for cars to remain apart if reaction time of driver is between 1.6s and 2.0s and travelling 31ms^-1 (2marks)
c) Given breaking force, initial velocity same as part b. Work out time taken for vehicle to come to a stop and distance travelled (4marks)
d) Why don't motor ways need to take into account braking distance (1mark)

Question 4: Electricity

a) Given current and power, so show resistance is approximately 100 ohms (1mark)
b) Workout current in circuit using V=IR (2mark)
c) Resistivity question, given all data just re-arrange and prove resistance is 50 ohms (4 marks)
c) Two types of wire, one with negligible internal resistance and the other part c), show using working bulb in circuit is dimmer (4marks)
d) Explain 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage of using a superconductor on electrical grid wire (3marks)

Question 7 to 30 was multiple choice.
Last edited by SpiderMan1234434; 3 weeks ago
Fefo Chan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by likes_maths)
Omg no wait I thought you meant the speed. I got like 84 m for the distance. I calculated the ke before and then made that equal to work done. What did you get for the 1 marker at the end
Omg I screwed up this question then 😭 I got 169m for the distance 😂 for the 1 marker I wrote non sense
SpiderMan1234434
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What did everyone get in CAGs and what do you need now?
likes_maths
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SpiderMan1234434)
What did everyone get in CAGs and what do you need now?
I got given a B and need an A* wbu
likes_maths
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SpiderMan1234434)
Question 1:

a): Particle physics: Conservation law (4marks)
b): Why was a Kaon and antikaon not the same particle? (2marks)
c): Strong nuclear force, discuss which of Pion, Kaon, or Muon was the exchange particle (4marks)

Question 2: Photocell connected to a ac power supply

a) The photoelectric effect: Why frequency had to be greater than threshold frequency (2marks)
b) Given graph of stopping potential (V against I), work out number of electrons emitted at maximum current (2marks) - I realised after it was simply current/charge of electron. I'm so angry about this.
c) Can't remember, but couldn't do (2marks)
d) AC power supply so the terminals flipped so had to explain why current decreased (3marks)
e) Can't remember exactly but I did do it (3marks)

Question 3: Waves interference and Youngs double slit

a) Explain why two speakers will be coherent. They are coherent because connected to same signal generator and so will have phase difference (2marks)
b) Explain why amplitude of sound decrease and then increases moving from A to B (3marks)
c) Given all values for Youngs double slit equation like distance between speaker, distance between point A and B etc show path difference was 1 approximately (3marks)
d) Given frequency so workout wave speed (1mark) I used lambda from part c) is that correct?
e) Explain how decreasing frequency will affect amplitude of sound was moving beyond B (3marks)

Question 5: circular motion on inclined plane.

a) Provide a recommended speed (4marks)

Question 5: Mechanics

a) Graph of v/t find average velocity and whether it is above speed limit (2marks)
b) Recommend distance for cars to remain apart if reaction time of driver is between 1.6s and 2.0s and travelling 31ms^-1 (2marks)
c) Given breaking force, initial velocity same as part b. Work out time taken for vehicle to come to a stop and distance travelled (4marks)
d) Why don't motor ways need to take into account braking distance (1mark)

Question 4: Electricity

a) Given current and power, so show resistance is approximately 100 ohms (1mark)
b) Workout current in circuit using V=IR (2mark)
c) Resistivity question, given all data just re-arrange and prove resistance is 50 ohms (4 marks)
c) Two types of wire, one with negligible internal resistance and the other part c), show using working bulb in circuit is dimmer (4marks)
d) Explain 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage of using a superconductor on electrical grid wire (3marks)

Question 7 to 30 was multiple choice.
I used the answer the q before for lambda too. What was the kaon one not the same? Also for the circular motion one did you equate the parallel weight component with centripetal force to get v?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (190)
14.22%
I'm not sure (59)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.77%
I'm not a current university student (657)
49.18%

Watched Threads