Further Mathematics

Watch
InfiniteWill
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to take the exam for FM next year as a private candidate. I was wondering where I can find information regarding this. I also have following questions:

How much is it per unit (e.g. CP1, CP2 etc.)?

Can I take more than two optional modules?

Where are the cheapest prices? (I am willing to travel anywhere, seriously!)
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
For edexcel, you can only take two modules.
InfiniteWill
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
For edexcel, you can only take two modules.
you mean 4 modules including 2 core and 2 optional?
Dancer2001
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For edexcel you have to take CP1 and CP2, then two other modules eg. FS1 and FM1. This makes it 4 exams.
As far as I know, it’s typical exam prices, so £30-40 per paper with an admin fee from the centre on top. You could call some schools/colleges in the area and ask if they accept external candidates, and ask how much they would charge (I would imagine it will be around £200-£300).
Last edited by Dancer2001; 1 year ago
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by InfiniteWill)
you mean 4 modules including 2 core and 2 optional?
Yeah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (35)
7.23%
October 2021 (221)
45.66%
November 2021 (54)
11.16%
December 2021 (62)
12.81%
January 2021 (56)
11.57%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.47%