etienne26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I am currently on a year out after recently completing my A levels because I am unsure what to do. My parents said to have a look at Law. I did A levels in Maths, Economics and Geography which I don't know will help. The thing is, I don't have much knowledge in law or any political related stuff...it wasn't under my interests but I would like to learn about it and don't know where to start. What would you recommend I should start on. Lastly, do you think its possible for a person with no knowledge about law or politics to excel on such courses with the aid of studying?
University of South Wales
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi etienne26, my daughter studied Law at university and is now a qualified solicitor. She did not study Law A level, she studied Psychology, English and German A levels. A prior knowledge of law if not required prior to starting a law degree, sometimes universities prefer you to not have studied the subject at A level. I hope this helps, if you would like any further information, please get in touch with one of our USW reps. Thanks Rebecca The link to the University of South Wales law courses is below, if this is of interest.

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses/llb-hons-law/
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your A levels choice doesnt matter because you get taught it in the beginning and that's why there's so specific A level subject you have to do (except Scottish law where you need one essay subject, which you have so you're fine that way. You could look at some interesting cases or read introductory books. This is a good website for a taste of everything: https://www.myheplus.com/post-16/subjects/law; what about law book does that too but its a bit boring so be careful with that. Ofc its possible - majority of law students have not learnt law at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise