The Student Room Group

Would you go topless on a family holiday?

Over Christmas my boyfriend and I went to the island of St Barts with his parents, his sister and his brother.

It was primarily a sun, sand and drinking holiday, with most days spent relaxing on the beach.

I know his family well, and for the second half of the holiday his sister and I did a lot of sunbathing together (sometimes with the rest of his family, sometimes without). For the most part, I was wearing a bikini, but and I’d loosen the bra strap and lie down on my front, to avoid tan lines. Some days I’d take the top off completely to try and get an even tan.

He’s only just brought up the fact that it made him uncomfortable with his parents / siblings seeing me like that. My boobs are quite small and I have always been like this.

Have I done something Wrong?
No, you've done nothing wrong.

Don't worry about it.

Your response to your boyfriend, if he brings it up again, should be along the lines of reminding him that you love him very much. And that sometimes in life you are put in situations where you should tolerate the non-harmful behaviour of others whilst treating it as a chance to stretch your own comfort zones.

You wearing a minimum of clothing on a tropical beach did no harm whatsoever to anyone.
Not entirely naked, but I would remove my t-shirt.
Reply 3
A lot threads about being shirtless...
I wouldn't, personally, but it's your choice and if his family were comfortable with it, then it's not a problem. I appreciate your boyfriend may have felt uncomfortable himself but he should have said something to you at the time - there's nothing he can do about it now.
have some self respect and cover yourself up in front of your boyfriends family, sure do it in your own time but not with his brother there jheez.
It is your choice and assuming that it is acceptable in St Barts, then I see no issue.

(Though if you flew all the way from the UK and it was not to visit family who live there, I have an issue with going all that way for sunshine given the impacts on climate change that flying has. A separate subject of course)
Reply 7
It's body, it's your choice.

As long as you aren't contravening any laws or customs in St. Barts there is no issue tbh.
Dump your shallow bf
I doubt that you went last Christmas (last month).
Original post by username5623730
I doubt that you went last Christmas (last month).

Considering the thread was made 4 months ago (in September), I highly doubt that this happened last month too :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending